George Gerrard Innes
George Gerrard Innes was born on 9 Aug 1900 at 40 Back Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
John Whyte Innes, Police Constable (domicil, 252 South Wellington Street, Glasgow) and Maggie Ann Innes, MS Gerrard.
m 4th Feb 1898, Pitsligo
Maggie Ann Innes, Mother was the informant of the birth.1,2
He was the son of John Whyte Innes and Margaret Ann Gerrard.
George appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of John Whyte Innes at 252 South Wellington Street, Hutchesontown, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
INNES, John W, Head, Mar, 21, Policeman, Worker, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, 2 rooms with windows
INNES, Margaret A, Wife, Mar, 24, Macduff, Banffshire
INNES, Christian T, Dau, 2, Rosehearty, Abderdeenshire
INNES, George G, Son, 7mths, Roseheartly, Abderdeenshire.3
George appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of John Whyte Innes at 152 Park Street, Glasgow City, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
INNES John, Head, 31, Mar, Dock Labourer, Loading ships, Worker, Fraserburgh Aberdeen
INNES Maggie, Wife, 34, Mar, Married 11 yrs, 6 children, 5 living, Macduff Banff
INNES George, Son, 10, School, Rosehearty Aberdeen
INNES William, Son, 7, School, Glasgow Lanark
INNES John, Son, 5, School, Glasgow
INNES Violet, Dau, 4, Glasgow
GERRARD Maggie, Visitor, 50, Mar, married 30yrs, 7 children, 6 living, Macduff Banff
(Sister Jane Garrow also lived in Park Street, John was 152 and Jane was 159. William Garrow was also a Police Constable.)4
George Gerrard Innes married Mora McDonald Fotheringham, daughter of John Fotheringham and Morrow McDougall, on 20 Oct 1927 at St Pauls United Free Manse, 27 Borssa Place, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland ,
After Publication according to the forms of the United Free Church of Scotland
George Gerrard INNES, Slater Journeyman (Bachelor) aged 27, usual residence 2 Glover Street Perth
Parents: John Whyte Innes, Police Constable & Maggie Ann Gerrad (deceased)
Mora McDonald Fotheringham, Stain Remover in Dye Works (Spinster) aged 24, usual res, 19 Charterhouse Lane, Perth
Parents: John Fotheringham, Railway Ganger & Morrow McDougall
Witnesses: William Morris, Queens St Perth and Mary Fraser 29 Tulloch Terrace Perth.2,5
George died on 6 Sep 1957 at 19 Charterhouse Lane, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland , at age 57 years and 28 days
George Gerrard Innes, Railway Construction Inspector, married to Mora McDonald Fotheringham.
At 4.25am, aged 57yrs.
Parents: John Whyte Innes, Sergeant Canadian Mounted Police (dec) & Maggie Ann Gerrard (dec)
George F Innes, son, 163 South Street, Perth was the informant.2,6
George's cause of death on 6 Sep 1957 was from Coronary Thrombosis (second) - 2 yrs 4 mths
Hypertension - 2yrs 4 mths.
Child of George Gerrard Innes and Mora McDonald Fotheringham
- George Fotheringham Innes (1929 - 1982)
|Father||John Whyte Innes (25 Oct 1879 - 26 Oct 1943)|
|Mother||Margaret Ann Gerrard (2 Nov 1876 - 6 Jul 1911)|
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 0072 as well as Hutchesontown Lanark, 644/11 0923. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Lanark Govan. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Plantation, Govan Glasgow City Lanark, 646/01 020/00 008. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1927 Perth, Perth, 387/00 0263.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Perth, Perth, 387/00 0373.