James Innes was born on 24 Nov 1832 at Poolside, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Keith 25th Nov 1832
James lawful son of Alexander Innes & Isobel Reid his wife in Poolside was born on the 24th current and baptised this day.
Witness James Reid in the parish of Calrach and James Anderson in Duffton in Mortlach.1,2 He was the son of Alexander Innes and Isobel Reid.
James appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of Alexander Innes at Auchinachie Toll Barr, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ;
INNES Alexander, F, 50, M, Lime Stone, Banff
REID Isobel, F, 45, Banff
INNES Alexander M, 20, M, Lime Stone, Banff
INNES Jane, F, 15, Banff
INNES James, M, 8, Banff
INNES Alexander, M, 2, Banff.3
James appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 at Broadfield, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ;
INNES James, Servant, 18, Male, Farm Servant, Keith Banffshire
AUDERSON William, 67
AUDERSON William, 31
CAWRAUCE Jane, 32
BARGESS Charles, 15.4
James Innes married Isabel Cruickshank on 10 Dec 1853 at Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Innes & Cruickshank
Keith 18th Nov 1853
James Innes in this parish and Isobel Cruickshank in the parish of Boharm were this day matrimonially contracted and after the publication of Bans, married on the 10th December.2,5
James appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Alexander Innes at Hillside, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ;
INNES Alexander, Head, Mar, 70, unfit any occupation formerly Limework Lab, Mortlach Banffshire, no of rooms with windows 2
INNES Isabel, Wife, Mar, 66, labourers wife, Mortlach Banffshire
INNES James, Son, Mar, 28, Lime Quarrier, Keith Banffshire
INNES Isabel, Daur in law, Mar,31, Quarriers wife, Bolurum Elginshire
INNES Alexander, Grandson, 7, quarriers son, Bohram Elginshire
INNES William, Grandson, 5, quarriers son, Bohram Elginshire.6
James appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 at Mid Street, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Isabel and William ;
INNES James, Head, 38, M, Labourer Quarryman, Keith Banffshire
INNES Isabella, Wife, 41, Boharm
INNES William, Son, 15, Farm Serv, Boharm
MASON Rose, Boarder, 1, Keith
SMITH Margret, Gen Serv Domestic, 71, Rhynie Aberdeen.7
James Innes recorded Alexander Innes's death on 27 Mar 1872 Keith, Banffshire, Banffshire,
at 5:20 AM aged 33yrs
Parents: Janet Innes, Crofter
James Innes, Uncle, Blackhillanh? Lime Worker was the informant on the certificate.2,8
Children of James Innes and Isabel Cruickshank
|Father||Alexander Innes (1791 - 15 Feb 1864)|
|Mother||Isobel Reid (1794 - 11 May 1863)|
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1832 Keith Banff - 159/0050 0183. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), FreeCEN SCT1841/159 Keith-Banffshire, EnumDist 2, Folio 5 Page 6
Under Ancestry.co.uk it is recorded under the surname of JAMES and RIED
1841 Keith Banff 159/00 005/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 - ancestry -Keith Banffshire - ED 8 Line 5, Page 5, Parish No 159. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1853 Keith Banff - 159/0050 0597 also registered in Moray for same date.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Keith Banff 159/00 008/00 008. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), Ancestry - Keith Banff ED 2 Page 23 Reg 159. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1872 Keith Banff - 159/00 0036. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.