George Burnett was born in 1890 at King Edward, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
Parents: James Burnett & Margaret Burnett MS George.1
George Burnett married Margaretta Hamley McKay, daughter of George McKay and Maggie King, on 17 Sep 1920 at 8 North Castle Street, Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Engineer on Drifter, Bachelor, aged 28
Ususal Res: Tochineal Tile Works
Parents: James Burnett, Brick Work Manager & Margaret Burnett MS George
Domestic Servant, Spinster, aged 21
Usual Res: 8 North Castle Street, Cullen
Parents: George MacKay, Sailmaker & Maggie MacKay MS King
Witnesses: Lily Burnett & Alex McKay.2,3
George Burnett immigrated on 9 Apr 1927 from Greenock, Scotland via "Montclare" to St John, New Brunswick, Canada, also on board were listed Margaretta
"Montclare" was also going to the USA, but landed 17th April 1927 in St John, New Brunswick Canada.
BURNETT George, 6 No Castle St, Cullen, to St John, Farmworker, 36, - born King Edwards - going to Employer. Mr Garratt, Beemsville Ont.
Father - James Bennett (sic), Tilworks, Techineal, Cullen
BURNETT Margretta, Housewife, 27, - born Cullen
BURNETT George McIver (sic), School, 6
BURNETT Williamina R, School, 5
BURNETT James, 2.4
George died in 1971 at Toronto, Ontario, Canada, at age 81 years.5
Family: George Burnett and Margaretta Hamley McKay
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1890 King Edward Aberdeenshire, 210/A1 1. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1920 Cullen Banffshire, 150/00 0010.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), 1927 UK Outward passenger Lists, 1890 - 1960 via Ancestry - Offical Number 145964
BT27 1149/6/1. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S139] Ancestry Public Member Trees, online www.ancestry.co.uk, various Ancestry Trees state he died in 1971.. Hereinafter cited as Ancestry Public Member Trees.