John Innes was born on 23 Sep 1905 at 252 South Wellington Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
John Innes, Father was the informant on the birth Certificate.1,2
He was the son of John Whyte Innes and Margaret Ann Gerrard.
John appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of John Whyte Innes at 152 Park Street, Glasgow City, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
INNES John, Head, 31, Mar, Dock Labourer, Loading ships, Worker, Fraserburgh Aberdeen
INNES Maggie, Wife, 34, Mar, Married 11 yrs, 6 children, 5 living, Macduff Banff
INNES George, Son, 10, School, Rosehearty Aberdeen
INNES William, Son, 7, School, Glasgow Lanark
INNES John, Son, 5, School, Glasgow
INNES Violet, Dau, 4, Glasgow
GERRARD Maggie, Visitor, 50, Mar, married 30yrs, 7 children, 6 living, Macduff Banff
(Sister Jane Garrow also lived in Park Street, John was 152 and Jane was 159. William Garrow was also a Police Constable.)3
John immigrated on 30 Jun 1920 from Liverpool via "Empress of France" to Canada with William McKay Innes
Empress of France:
Contract ticket No 56675
Innes W, Adult, Scholar, 16, English
Innes J, Adult, Scholar, 14, English
Innes V, Adult, Scholar, 12, English
Innes, William, 16, Single, Canada before No; Scotland, to Ponoka Alta, No occupation; John Father
Innes, Violet, 12
Innes, John, 14.4
Research Note: c 1925
John appears to taken on the middle initial of B - does this stand for Birnie - a family name of his father's sister - Jane Birnie Innes.
John Innes was on the 1925 Directory.
Innes I baker Shelly's Bakery, r 1027 10th Ave W
(same as J W Innes.)5
John Innes was on the 1927 Directory.
Innis Jock baker Shellys Bakery, r 1315 14th Ave W
(same address as J W Innes.)6
John witnessed the marriage of Brenda Barradell and William McKay Innes on 26 Dec 1930 Calgary, Alberta, Canada.7,8
John Innes was on the 1932 Directory.
Innes John B baker Can Bakeries, r 1315 14th Ave W
(same address as J W Innes.)9
John Innes and Nellie Alexandria Allan were engaged on 27 Dec 1932 at Calgary, Alberta,
Mrs C Allan announces the engagement of her daughter, Nellie Alexandria, to Mr John B Innes, the wedding to take place shortly.10
John Innes married Nellie Alexandria Allan in 1933 at Calgary, Alberta.
John resided in 1046 12th Avenue, West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, on 14 Feb 1962
Address as in Probate of Susan Innes.
His occupation was Baker.
John died on 1 May 1981 at St Pauls Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, at age 75 years, 7 months and 8 days
Aged 75, Baker
Usual Res: 2-3240 East 58th Avenue, Vancouver BD
Married: Nellie Allan
Born: 23 Sept 1905, Glasgow Scotland
Parents: John Innes and Margaret Gerrard - Scotland
Informant: P Gibbens, 1155 Heritage Blvd, North Vancouver - Daughter.11,12,1
John's cause of death on 1 May 1981 was from Cetebeal Atrophy - 2 yrs
Arteria Silerate (sic) Heart Disease - 2yrs
Congestive Heart Failure - 12 days
Pneumonia - 5 days.
John was cremated on 5 May 1981 at North Shore Crematorium, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Would love to hear from family.
Family: John Innes and Nellie Alexandria Allan
|Father||John Whyte Innes (25 Oct 1879 - 26 Oct 1943)|
|Mother||Margaret Ann Gerrard (2 Nov 1876 - 6 Jul 1911)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S34] Scottish Civil Registration Indexes, From 1855 1905 Hutchesontown, Glasgow City/ Lanark, 644/11 2072, Brisbane LDS Centre.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Plantation, Govan Glasgow City Lanark, 646/01 020/00 008. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Findmypast - Departed Liverpool for Quebec Canada 30 June 1920. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S117] Directories, Henderson's Galgary Directory (Calgary Canada: Henderson, 1920 - 2008), 1925, page 424. Hereinafter cited as Henderson's Galgary Directory.
- [S117] Henderson's Galgary Directory, 1927, page 451.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Calgary Herald, 29 & 31 Dec 1930, Ref nhjp1267 & nhjp1303. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record, Canadian Indexes, unknown repository address, Calgary Marriage Index 1930 - Innes, Wm McK. Hereinafter cited as Canadian BDM Record.
- [S117] Henderson's Galgary Directory, 1932, page 457.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, Calgary Herald, 27th Dec 1932, ref ni1p1037.
- [S167] Letter or email from Patricia Gibbens (Canada) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email March 2013.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record: Royal BC Museum - death indexes - Reg No 1981-09-006945 BC Archives Mfilm No B13611; GSU MF No 2051487.