William McKay Innes
William McKay Innes was born on 26 Jan 1904 at 252 South Wellington Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
William McKay Innes, at 2am
John Innes, father was the Informant.1,2
He was the son of John Whyte Innes and Margaret Ann Gerrard.
William appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of John Whyte Innes at 152 Park Street, Glasgow City, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
INNES John, Head, 31, Mar, Dock Labourer, Loading ships, Worker, Fraserburgh Aberdeen
INNES Maggie, Wife, 34, Mar, Married 11 yrs, 6 children, 5 living, Macduff Banff
INNES George, Son, 10, School, Rosehearty Aberdeen
INNES William, Son, 7, School, Glasgow Lanark
INNES John, Son, 5, School, Glasgow
INNES Violet, Dau, 4, Glasgow
GERRARD Maggie, Visitor, 50, Mar, married 30yrs, 7 children, 6 living, Macduff Banff
(Sister Jane Garrow also lived in Park Street, John was 152 and Jane was 159. William Garrow was also a Police Constable.)3
William McKay Innes immigrated on 30 Jun 1920 from Liverpool via "Empress of France" to Canada also on board were listed John and Violet
Empress of France:
Contract ticket No 56675
Innes W, Adult, Scholar, 16, English
Innes J, Adult, Scholar, 14, English
Innes V, Adult, Scholar, 12, English
Innes, William, 16, Single, Canada before No; Scotland, to Ponoka Alta, No occupation; John Father
Innes, Violet, 12
Innes, John, 14.4
William McKay Innes married Brenda Barradell on 26 Dec 1930 at Calgary, Alberta, Canada,
INNES - BARRADELL
A pretty wedding was solemnized at First Baptist Church on December 26, at 7 o'clock, when Brenda, daughter of Mr and Mrs P Barradell, became the bride of W M innes, son of Mr and Mrs J W Innes, of Calgary. Rev Archie Gordon officiated.
The bride, wearing a lovely gown of white satin and lace, with bridal veil and orange blossoms and carrying a shower bouquet of red roses, entered the church with her father to the strains of the wedding march, played by Madame Beatrice Chapman, LRAM. Miss Ethel and Miss Winona, sisters of the bride, wearing yellow and pink satin gowns, carried bouquets of pink carnations. Two dainty little flower girls, Hazel Simper and Mamya Carroll, dressed in soft green taffeta with baskets of rose petals, led the bridal procession. Mr J B Innes, brother of the bridegroom, acted as best man. The bride's mother wore a dress of black silk lace and carried white roses and lilies of the valley. During the signing of the register a solo, "Because" was beautifully rendered by Mrs K L Robertson.
After the ceremony a reception was held at McDonald's Academy with about 200 invited guests attending.
Mr and Mrs Innes left shortly after midnight for a short honeymoon.
INNES - BARRADELL
The marriage of Miss Brenda Barradell and Mr W M Innes was solemanized at the First Baptist Church, Dec 26th, the Rev. Archie Gordon officiating.5,6
William lived at 518 East 15 Street, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, on 14 Feb 1962
Address as in Probate of Susan Innes.
His occupation was Installation Foreman.
William died c 1965 at Germany
Was still alive in 1962 but deceased by 1967.
Told he died while on holiday in Germany of a Heart Attack.
Would love to hear from other family members.
Children of William McKay Innes and Brenda Barradell
|Father||John Whyte Innes (25 Oct 1879 - 26 Oct 1943)|
|Mother||Margaret Ann Gerrard (2 Nov 1876 - 6 Jul 1911)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Hutchesontown Lanark, 644/11 0273. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Plantation, Govan Glasgow City Lanark, 646/01 020/00 008. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Findmypast - Departed Liverpool for Quebec Canada 30 June 1920. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Calgary Herald, 29 & 31 Dec 1930, Ref nhjp1267 & nhjp1303. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record, Canadian Indexes, unknown repository address, Calgary Marriage Index 1930 - Innes, Wm McK. Hereinafter cited as Canadian BDM Record.