Helen Ann Paterson
Helen Ann Paterson was born on 14 Sep 1896 at Rosehearty Lane, Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
Helen- ann Paterson
Parents: Robet Paterson, Farm servant & Marjory Paterson previouly Innes MS Whyte
Married: 18th Decemeber 1888 Pitsligo
Robert Paterson, Father, Craigiebanks Pitsligo was the informant.1,2 She was the daughter of Robert Paterson and Marjory Whyte.
Helen appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Robert Paterson at 13 Clark Street, Kinning Park, Govan, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
PATERSON, Robert, Head, Mar, 37, Dock Labourer, Worker, Macduff, Banffshire
PATERSON, Majory, Wife, Mar, 39, New Aberdour, Aberdeenshire
INNES, Robert Whyte, Stepson, S, 19, Baker, Worker, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire
INNES, George Riddle, Stepson, S, 16, Biscuit Factory Worker, Worker, Franserburgh, Aberdeenshire
PATERSON, Jane Birnie, Dau, S, 11, Scholar, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire
PATERSON, James Whyte, Son, S, 9, Scholar, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire
PATERSON, Helen Ann, Dau, S, 4, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire
WHYTE, Joseph Sutherland, Boarder, S, 18, Baker, Worker, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.3
As of a 1901,Helen Ann Paterson was also known as Helen Whyte Paterson.
Helen appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Robert Paterson at 201 Paisley Road West, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
PATERSON Robert, Head, 51, Mar, General Labourer, Corporations, Worker, Macduff Banff
PATERSON Mary, (may be Marj), Wife, 51, Mar, (not stated info), New Aberdour Aberdeen
PATERSON James, Son, 20, Single, Spirit Salesman, Worker, Rosehearty Aberdeen
PATERSON Nellie, Dau, 14, Single, Rosehearty Aberdeen
INNES George, Stepson, 26, Single, Biscuits Fireman, Worker, Fraserburgh Aberdeen
(This is in the same building next door to Susannah Crawford who later married Marjory's son John Innes.)4
As of 2 Nov 1917,Helen Ann Paterson was also known as Helen Whyte Burton.
As of 2 Nov 1917,her married name was Burton.
Helen Whyte Paterson married John Burton on 2 Nov 1917 at 4 Minerva Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
John Burton, Sheet Iron Worker, Bachelor, aged 26
Usual Res: 99 Elderpark Street, Glasgow
Parents: John Burton, Brassfinisher & Mary Cairns
Helen W Paterson, Musition worker (spinster) aged 21
Usual Res: 84 Plantation Street, Glasgow
Parent: Robert Paterson, Pavior & Marjory Paterson formerly Innes, MS Whyte (dec)
Witnesses: Robert Laister, Sheet Iron Worker & Sarah Maxwell, Glass Factory worker.5,2
Helen's cause of death on 29 Dec 1928 was from Lobar Pneumonia.
Helen died on 29 Dec 1928 at Shielshall Fever Hospital, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland , at age 32 years, 3 months and 15 days
Helen Whyte Burton (married to John Burton, Sheet Iron Worker)
Aged 32, at 2:05am
Usual Residence: 139 Langlands Road, Govan Glasgow
Parents: Robert Paterson, Pavior & Marjory Paterson previously Innes MS Whyte (dec)
John Burton, Widower, 139 Langlands Road, Govan, Glasgow was the informant.6,2
Family: Helen Ann Paterson and John Burton
|Father||Robert Paterson (c 1864 - )|
|Mother||Marjory Whyte (13 Apr 1860 - 10 Mar 1916)|
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 0059. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Kinning Park, Govan, Lanarkshire, 1901 644/14 023/0L 004. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Plantation Govan Glasgow City Lanark, 646/01 036/00 002. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1917 Anderston, Glasgow, 644/11 0510.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1928 Govan, Lanark, 644/21 1106.