Isobel Reid was born in 1794 at Mortlach, Banffshire, Scotland .
She was the daughter of James Reid and Janet Roy.
Isobel Reid was baptised on 6 May 1794 in Mortlach, Banffshire, Banffshire,
Isabel lawful daughter of James Reid and Janet Roy in Moss side of Balviny.
James Thomson Senr in Mains of Balviny and Robert MacKie in Moss side were witnesses.1,2,3
Isobel Reid married Alexander Innes, son of Alexander Innes and Helen Anderson, in Jun 1816 at Montlach, Banffshire, Scotland ,
INNES & REID
Alexander Innes and Isobel Reid both parishioners having been contracted and proclaimed were this day married.1,4
As of Jun 1816,her married name was Innes.
Isobel appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of Alexander Innes at Auchinachie Toll Barr, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ;
INNES Alexander, F, 50, M, Lime Stone, Banff
REID Isobel, F, 45, Banff
INNES Alexander M, 20, M, Lime Stone, Banff
INNES Jane, F, 15, Banff
INNES James, M, 8, Banff
INNES Alexander, M, 2, Banff.5
Isobel appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Alexander Innes at Hillside, Auchinachie, Banffshire, Scotland ;
INNES Alexander, Head, M, 60, Crofter & Ag Lab, Mortlach, Banff
INNES Isabella, Wife,M, 56, Mortach, Banff
INNES Jane, Dau, U, 27, Gen Servant, Keith Banff
INNES George, Son, U, 25, Ag Lab, Keith Banff
INNES Alexander, Grandson/Son, 12, Keith Banff
INNES George, Grandson/Son, 8, Keith Banff.6
Isobel appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Alexander Innes at Hillside, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ;
INNES Alexander, Head, Mar, 70, unfit any occupation formerly Limework Lab, Mortlach Banffshire, no of rooms with windows 2
INNES Isabel, Wife, Mar, 66, labourers wife, Mortlach Banffshire
INNES James, Son, Mar, 28, Lime Quarrier, Keith Banffshire
INNES Isabel, Daur in law, Mar,31, Quarriers wife, Bolurum Elginshire
INNES Alexander, Grandson, 7, quarriers son, Bohram Elginshire
INNES William, Grandson, 5, quarriers son, Bohram Elginshire.7
Isobel died on 11 May 1863 at Wester Chalder, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland , at age 69 years
married to Alexander Innes, Crofter
At 4:00 AM aged 69 yrs
Parents: James Reid, Crofter (dec) & Janet Roy (dec)
George Innes, Grandson, ?Torhouse Botriphany was present at her death.1,8
Isobel's cause of death on 11 May 1863 was from Chronic Bronchitis.
Children of Isobel Reid and Alexander Innes
|Father||James Reid (c 1770 - )|
|Mother||Janet Roy (c 1770 - )|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1794 Mortlach Banffshire, 162/0010 0284. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), 7605808 via IGI 2009.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1816 Mortlach Banff - 162/0020 0117.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), FreeCEN SCT1841/159 Keith-Banffshire, EnumDist 2, Folio 5 Page 6
Under Ancestry.co.uk it is recorded under the surname of JAMES and RIED
1841 Keith Banff 159/00 005/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), SCT 835/0035 GSG 21 May 2005
1851 Keith Banff 159/00 010/00 003. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Keith Banff 159/00 008/00 008. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1863 - Keith Banff - 159/00 0036. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.