Anne Duthie Ritchie
Anne Duthie Ritchie was born on 23 Mar 1888 at 11 Well Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
At 1.30 AM
Parents: John Ritchie, Fisherman & Janet Duthie
Married: 17th October 1872, Pitsligo
John Ritchie, Father was the informant of the birth.1,2
She was the daughter of John Ritchie and Janet Duthie.
Anne Duthie Ritchie was also known as Annie Ritchie.
Anne appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of John Ritchie at 2 Well Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
RITCHIE John, Head, 44, Fisherman, Pitsligo
RITCHIE Jane, Wife, 41, Pitsligo
RITCHIE Jeannie M, Dau, 14, Serv (Dom) Pitsligo
RITCHIE George, Son, 10, Scholar, Pitsligo
RITCHIE Alexander J, Son, 8, Scholar, Pitsligo
RITCHIE Jessie D, Dau, 5, Scholar, Pitsligo
RITCHIE Ann D, Dau, 3, Pitsligo.3
Annie appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Jane Ritchie at Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire;
RITCHIE Jane, Wife of Head, 50, Fishermans Wife, Rosehearty
RITCHIE Jessie, Dau, 15, Dom Servant, Rosehearty
RITCHIE Annie, Dau, 13, Scholar, Rosehearty.4
Annie appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Jane Ritchie at 29 Well Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
RITCHIE Jane, Head, Widow, 61, Private means, Rosehearty
RITCHIE Annie, Dau, 23, Single, Rosehearty
RITCHIE Anna, GrandDau, 4, Dundee Forfar
(Anna is the daughter of Jeannie Mitchell Ritchie - Jane's eldest daughter.)5
Anne Duthie Ritchie immigrated on 4 Jul 1913 from Liverpool via "Virginia" to Quebec Canada
Miss Annie Ritchie, aged 25, housekeeper
Arrival 12 July 1913
RITCHIE Annie, (23) to W Gerrard, Edmonton Alberta, Housekeeper.6
Anne Duthie Ritchie married William George Gerrard, son of George Gerrard and Maggie McKay, on 18 Jul 1913 at Erskine Presbyterian Manse, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
GERRARD - RITCHIE
At the manse of Erskine Presbyterian on Friday afternoon the marriage of Mr Geo. W. Gerrard, Pea Vine Valley, and Miss Annie Jessie Ritchie was solemnized by the Rev J A Duclos. The bride was daintily frocked in mauve shot silk and wore a white plumed picture hat, she carried a spray of orange blossoms. The bridesmaid, Miss Jessie Thompson, wore pale blue silk, and a black picture hat.
The bridegroom's gift to the bride was a pearl pendant, to the bridesmaid a bangle and to the best man, who was Mr John Ellis, an old fashioned stick pin.
After the ceremony at the church the bridal party drove to the home of Mr Jack Lorrimer, where about fifty friends had gathered to shower good wishes on the bride and bridegroom. The bride's health was proposed in a happy pleasing speech by the host, Mr Lorrimer, and responded to by the happy bridegroom, all toasting heartily. Mr and Mrs Gerrard leave shortly for their now home in Pea Vine Valley, first taking a trip to the Landing and other points in the north country.7
As of 18 Jul 1913,her married name was Gerrard.
Anne Duthie Ritchie was also known as Annie Gerrard.
Annie appeared on the 1916 Canadian Census of 1916 in the household of William George Gerrard Edmonton East, Alberta, Canada;
GERRARD William, Military Service No "C" 194th; Head, M, M, 35, Scotland Presyberterian, Immigrated 1906, Farmer
GERRARD Annie, Wife, F, M, 28, Scotland, Pres, Immigrated 1913,
GERRARD Beatrice, Daughter, F, S, 2, Alberta.8
Annie was found on a passenger list dated 31 Dec 1919 going from St John, NB via "Empress of France" to Liverpool, England,
GERRARD Mrs W G, 31, Housewife
GERRARD Beatrice, 5
to 29 Wells St, Rosehearty, Scotland.9
Annie was found on a passenger list dated 8 Jun 1921 going from Liverpool via "Empress of France" to Quebec, Canada,
Declaration of Passenger to Canada
Arrival 16 June 1921
Annie Gerrard aged 33
Female, Married, Wife
Birthplace: Rosehearty Scotland
Returning to my home, 9650 - 99th St, Edmonton, Alberta
Previous Entry, Montreal July 11th 1913
Left Canada: St John's N B, Dec 22nd 1919
Went for a holiday
Husband: William G Gerrard, 9650 - 99th St, Edmonton S, Alberta.
Also with Annie was her daughter
Beatrice Gerrard aged 5yrs (sic - she was 5 when she left in 1919 and said 5 coming back but could sign her name coming back)
Birthplace: Ponoka Alberta
same details as above for her Mother.10
Annie appeared on the 1940 Canadian Census of 1940 in the household of William George Gerrard 99A Street - 9606, Edmonton East, Alberta, Canada;
GERRARD Mrs William
Anne died in 1970 at Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, at age 81 years.
Annie was buried on 21 Dec 1970 at Edmonton Cemetery, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
A good possible but recorded as
Family: Anne Duthie Ritchie and William George Gerrard
|Father||John Ritchie (c 1847 - )|
|Mother||Janet Duthie (c 1850 - )|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1888 - Pitsligo Aberdeen 233/00 0024. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Pitsligo Aberdeen, ED 1 Pg 14, Rego 233 - via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Pitsligo Aberdeen, ED 1 Pg 14, Rego 233 - via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 001/00 017. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), 1913 - Canadian Passenger List, 1865 - 1935- Virginian - via Ancestry.co.uk
1913 - Passengers leaving UK 1890 - 1960 - via Findmypast.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, 1913 The Edmonton Bulletin, July 21, 1913 (Morning Edition), page 3 Item Aroo304 from http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/newspapers/. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S134] Statistics of Canada Fonds, 1916 Canadian Census (Library and Archives Canada, Ottawa: www.ancestry.ca, 1916), Record Group 31-C-1. LAC microfilm T-21925 to T-21956, 1916 Alberta Edmonton East, 09A; Roll T-21949 Page 9 Family No 92 - Via Ancestry.ca. Hereinafter cited as 1916 Canadian Census.
- [S61] Shipping Records, 1919 - UK Incomiing Pasenger List, 1878 - 1960 - Empress of France.
- [S61] Shipping Records, 1921 - Canda, Ocean Arrivals (Form 30A), 1919 - 1924 - image No 288.
- [S209] Statistics of Canada Fonds, 1940 Canadian Census (Library and Archives Canada, Ottawa: www.ancestry.ca, 1940), Canada Voters Lists, 1935 - 1980 R1003-6-3E (RG113-B), 1940 Canada Alberta Edmonton East. Hereinafter cited as 1940 Canadian Census.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , 1970 Edmonton Cemeteries database online: Section O Block 42 Plot 1A. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.