Annie Smith was born c 1867 at Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Parents: William Smith & Helen Ross.
As of 19 Jan 1891,her married name was Innes.
Annie Smith married James Innes, son of Alexander Innes, on 20 Jan 1891 at St Michael & All Angels Church, Stoke Newington, London, Middlesex, England,
James Innes, aged 28, Bachelor, Artillery Sergeant
Usual Res: Cambridge Barracks Portsmouth
Father: Alexander Innes, Laborer
Annie Smith, aged 23, Spinster
Usual Res: 4 Alkham Road
Father: William Smith, Contractor
Witnesses: Albert Charles Clover (sic) & Louisa Leversuch.1,2
Annie appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of James Innes at 42 Croftsgate, Cupar, Fifeshire, Scotland ;
INNES James, Head, Mar, 27, Sergeant B Artilly, employed, Drumblane Aberdeen, 3 rooms with windows
INNES Annie, Wife, Mar, 24, Keith, Banff.3
Annie appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of James Innes at 15 Kirkburn, Bervie, Kincardineshire, Scotland ;
INNES James, Head, M, 38, Sergeant Major Artillery, Drumblade Aberdeenshire
INNES Annie, Wife, F,32, Keith Banff
INNES Annie H, Dau, F,9, Scholar, Cupar Fife
INNES Gertrude M, Dau, F,7, Scholar, Cupar Fife
INNES Beatrice M, Dau, F,2, Bervie Kincardinshire.4
Annie appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of James Innes at Millburn Rd, Carlton Terrace, No 3, 2nd Floor, Inverness, Invernesshire, Scotland ;
INNES James, Head, 49, Mar, Expense Store accountant, Cameron Barracks, Worker, Drumblade Aberdeen
INNES Annie, Wife, 42, Mar, Married 20 years, 3 children born and living, Keith Banff
INNES Annie H, Dau, 19, Single, Clerker, for Cabinet Maker, Worker, Cupar Fife
INNES Gertrude M, Dau, 17, Single, Dressmaker, Worker, Cupar Fife
INNES Beatrice Maud, Dau, 12, School, Bervie Kincardine.5
Annie's cause of death on 21 Aug 1934 was from Carcinoma of Breast.
Annie died on 21 Aug 1934 at 3 Carlton Terrace, Inverness, Invernesshire, Scotland ,
Married to James Innes, Canvasser
At 2:00PM aged 68yrs
Parents: William Smith, labourer (dec) & Helen Ross (dec)
James Innes, Widower was the informant on the death certificate.1,6
Annie was buried in Aug 1934 at Tomnahurich Cemetery, Inverness, Invernesshire, Scotland ,
Beatrice Maud Innes
our beloved daughter who
died 24th April 1915 in her 17th year.
And her mother
beloved wife of Sgt. Major James Innes
who died at Inverness
21st Aug 1934 in her 68th year.
Also the above James Innes who died
19th Jan 1943 aged 83 years.7
Children of Annie Smith and James Innes
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S14] St Catherines BDM Indexes , via ancestry.co.uk - 1891 Mar Qtr - 1B 733 - Hackney, Greater London, Middlesex.
London Metropolitan Archives, Saint Michael And All Angels, Stoke Newington Common, Register of marriages, P94/MAA, Item 003, Genealogical Society of Qld.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Cupar Fife. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Bervie Kincardinshire - ED 4 Line 8 Reg No 254. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Inverness Invernessshire, 098/0A 022/00 021. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1934 - Inverness, Inverness - 098/A0 0357. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , Tomnahurich Cemetery via Rootsweb Chat Feb 2015. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.