Alexander Steinson was born in 1815 at Boyndie, Banffshire, Scotland .
Alexander Steinson was baptised on 16 Aug 1815 in Boyndie, Banffshire, Banffshire,
George Steinson in Whitehilles had a son by his wife Janet Cowie baptized and named Alexander.
Witnesses: James Steinson in Whitehilles & William Brodie in Warielip.1,2
He was the son of George Steinson and Janet Cowie.
Alexander Steinson was also known as Alexander Stevenson.
Alexander appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of George Stevenson at Whitehills, Banffshire, Scotland ;
STEVENSON George, 50, Shoemaker, Yes
STEVENSON Jannet, 50, Yes
STEVENSON Alexander, 25, House Carpenter, Yes.3
Alexander Stevenson married Catherine McRae on 17 May 1846 at Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Stevenson & McRae
Alexander Stevenson parish of Boyndie and Catherine McRae of this parish were contracted in order to marriage and after public proclamations in this Parish Church were married.4,5
Alexander appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of George Stevenson at Banff Road, Whitehills, Banffshire, Scotland ;
STEVENSON George, Head, Mar, 69, (Ag) Labourer, Boyndie Banff
STEVENSON Janet, Wife, Mar, 68, Boyndie Banff
STEVENSON Alexander, Son, Mar, 35, House Carpenter (Journeyman) Boyndie Banff.6
Alexander Stevenson and Ann Gerrard were partners c 1855 Banff, Banffshire, Banffshire,
No marriage found on government records and according to the records it appears that Alexander and Ann did not marry.
Alexander Stevenson witnessed the death of Jean Stevenson on 16 Mar 1858 Church Street, MacDuff, Banffshire, Scotland ,
At 12 noon, aged 11 days
Parents: Alexander Stevenson, House Carpenter & Ann Watt
Alexander Stevenson, Father was present when she passed away.4,7
Alexander appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of George Stevenson at 5 Loch Street, Boyndie, Banffshire, Scotland ;
STEVENSON George, Head, Widower, 80, Shoemaker formerly, Boyndie Banffshire
STEVENSON Alexander, Son, Mar, 40, House Carpenter, Journeyman, Boyndie Banffshire
STEVENSON Jessie, Grandchild, 4, McDuff Banffshire
STEVENSON Margaret, Grandchild, 1, Boyndie Banffshire
WATT Ann, Servant, Widow, 38, House Keeper, Pennan Aberdeenshire
GERRAN George, Lodger, Un, 9, Scholar, McDuff, Banffshire
ADDISON James, Boarder, Widr, 56, Cooper Journeyman, Boyndie Banffshire.8
Alexander Stevenson witnessed the birth of Alexander Stevenson on 28 Feb 1862 Whitehills, Banffshire, Banffshire,
Parents: Alexander Stevenson, House Carpenter and Ann Watt, House Keeper
Both Ann and Alexander sgined as present at the birth.4,9
Alexander Stevenson witnessed the death of Jessie Stevenson on 13 Mar 1864 Whitehills, Banffshire, Banffshire,
At 7 AM aged 6 years
Parents: Alexander Stevenson (Journeyman) House Carpenter & Ann Gerrard MS Watt
Alexander Stevenson her Father was present when she passed away.4,10
Alexander appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of Ann Gerrard at 26 Boyndie Street (McDonalds Clan), Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ;
GERRARD Ann, Head, Widow, 48, Sailors Widow, Aberdour, Aberdeen, 2 rooms with windows and 2 children at school
GERRARD George, Son, Unm, 19, Slaters Assistant, Macduff, Banff
STEVENSON Margaret, Daur, 11, Scholar, Whitehills, Banff
STEVENSON Alexander, Son, 9, Scholar, Whitehills, Banff
STEVENSON Alexander, Boarder, 50, Wright, Whitehills, Banff.11
Alexander appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 at 16 Strait Path, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Ann ;
STEVENSON Alexander, Head, M, 65, M, Joiner, Whitehills, Banff
STEVENSON Ann, Wife, M, 57, F, Aberdour, Aberdeen.12
Alexander died on 11 Aug 1884 at Chalmer's Hospital, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland , at age 68 years, 11 months and 26 days
At 5.40 AM
Joiner, Married to Ann Watt
Usual Res: 16 Strait Path, Banff
Parents: George Stevenson, Shoemaker (dec) & Janet Cowie (dec)
Informant: George Rennie, Son in Law, Bridge Street, Banff
In the first Column of Entry No 57 in the Register Book of Deaths for the year 1884. For "Married to Ann Watt" Substitute Widower of Catherine McRae.
The above correction is made under the direction and by the written authority of the Sheriff in Consequence of Depositions dated November 7th 1884 of George Rennie the informant of the death and of Ann Watt or Gerrard residing at No 16 Strait Path, Banff.
November 15th 1884
at Banff, Robert Leask Registrar.4,13
Alexander's cause of death on 11 Aug 1884 was from Typhlitis - 15 days
(Neutropenic Enterocolitis - Colitis of the Large Intestine)
Diarrhorea - 4 days.
Children of Alexander Steinson and Ann Watt
|Father||George Steinson (12 Mar 1781 - 15 Jun 1861)|
|Mother||Janet Cowie (c 1783 - b 1861)|
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1815 Boyndie Banffshire, 149/20 164. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , 1815 Boyndie Parish Births 1810-1819 as transcribed by Sheena and Charles - http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/sheena_charles/…
Boyndie OPR, Vol 2 p82a. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Boyndie Banffshire, via Ancestry.co.uk, ED 2 Page 3 Line 1495. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1846 Banff Banff, 147/00 0100 0443.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Boyndie Banffshire, 149/00 002/00 019. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1858 Banff Banff, 147/01 0030. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Boyndie Banffshire, Village of Whitehills, 149/00 002/00 016. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1862 Boyndie Banff, 149/00 0016.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1864 Boyndie Banff, 149/00 0012.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 Banff Banff, 147/00 003/000 013. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), 1881 Banff Banffshire, FHL Film 0203437 GRO Ref Vol 147 EnumDist 3 Page 3. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1884 Banff Banff, 147/00 0057 including RCE.