George Steinson was born in 1781 at Boyndie, Banffshire, Scotland .
George Steinson was baptised on 12 Mar 1781 in Boyndie, Banffshire, Banffshire,
James Steinson & his wife Isobel Chrystie in Whitehills had their son George baptized.
Witnesses: George Chrystie at Boyndie & George Lorimer in Whitehills.1,2,3
He was the son of James Steinson and Isobel Christie.
George Steinson married Janet Cowie c 1805 at Boyndie, Banffshire, Banffshire,
No marriage or banns located on Scotlandspeople as of July 2017.
George Steinson was also known as George Stevenson.
George appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841, at Whitehills, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Janet and Alexander ;
STEVENSON George, 50, Shoemaker, Yes
STEVENSON Jannet, 50, Yes
STEVENSON Alexander, 25, House Carpenter, Yes.4
George appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 at Banff Road, Whitehills, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Janet and Alexander ;
STEVENSON George, Head, Mar, 69, (Ag) Labourer, Boyndie Banff
STEVENSON Janet, Wife, Mar, 68, Boyndie Banff
STEVENSON Alexander, Son, Mar, 35, House Carpenter (Journeyman) Boyndie Banff.5
George appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 at 5 Loch Street, Boyndie, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Alexander, Jessie, Margaret, Ann and George ;
STEVENSON George, Head, Widower, 80, Shoemaker formerly, Boyndie Banffshire
STEVENSON Alexander, Son, Mar, 40, House Carpenter, Journeyman, Boyndie Banffshire
STEVENSON Jessie, Grandchild, 4, McDuff Banffshire
STEVENSON Margaret, Grandchild, 1, Boyndie Banffshire
WATT Ann, Servant, Widow, 38, House Keeper, Pennan Aberdeenshire
GERRAN George, Lodger, Un, 9, Scholar, McDuff, Banffshire
ADDISON James, Boarder, Widr, 56, Cooper Journeyman, Boyndie Banffshire.6
George died on 15 Jun 1861 at Whitehills, Banffshire, Banffshire, at age 80 years, 3 months and 3 days
(Widower of Janet Cowie)
At 7.30 AM aged 80yrs
Parents: James Stevenson, Weaver (Dec) & Isobel Stevenson MS Christie (Dec)
James Addison, Nephew was present when he died.1,7
George's cause of death on 15 Jun 1861 was from Old Age.
Children of George Steinson and Janet Cowie
|Father||James Steinson (c 1745 - )|
|Mother||Isobel Christie (c 1745 - )|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1781 Boyndie Banffshire, 149/ 20 28. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Boyndie Parish Births 1780 - 1789 as transcribed by Sheena and Charles - http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/sheena_charles/…
Boyndie OPR, Vol 2 p14a. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Boyndie Banffshire, via Ancestry.co.uk, ED 2 Page 3 Line 1495. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Boyndie Banffshire, 149/00 002/00 019. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Boyndie Banffshire, Village of Whitehills, 149/00 002/00 016. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1861 Boyndie Banffshire, 149/00 0015. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.