Ann Watt was born in 1820 at Aberdour, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .
She was the daughter of William Watt and Jean West.
Ann Watt was baptised on 10 Jan 1820 in Aberdour, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire,
William Watt and ...... in Sea Town had a child baptized by the Revd Gardiner and called ..... Watt
Assuming this is Ann.1,2
Ann appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841, at Whitehills, Banffshire, Scotland ;
LOVIE John, 30, Fisherman, Y
LOVIE Margaret MS Watt, 25, Y
LOVIE Ann, 5, Y
LOVIE John, 1, Y
WATT Ann, 22, Y.3
Ann Watt married John Jarron on 13 Dec 1846 at Aberdour, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire,
John Jerret/Jarron in the Parish of Tranent and Ann Watt in this Parish were three times proclaimed and married by the Revd W Gardiner.
(This is the only marriage that is the most likely for Ann Watt and John Gerrard and both parishes seem to fit - still questions re the results need to be confirmed by myself.)1,4
As of 13 Dec 1846,her married name was Gerrard.
As of 13 Dec 1846,her married name was Jarron.
Ann Gerrard and Alexander Stevenson were partners c 1855 Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ,
No marriage found on government records and according to the records it appears that Alexander and Ann did not marry.
Ann appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of George Stevenson at 5 Loch Street, Boyndie, Banffshire, Scotland ;
STEVENSON George, Head, Widower, 80, Shoemaker formerly, Boyndie Banffshire
STEVENSON Alexander, Son, Mar, 40, House Carpenter, Journeyman, Boyndie Banffshire
STEVENSON Jessie, Grandchild, 4, McDuff Banffshire
STEVENSON Margaret, Grandchild, 1, Boyndie Banffshire
WATT Ann, Servant, Widow, 38, House Keeper, Pennan Aberdeenshire
GERRAN George, Lodger, Un, 9, Scholar, McDuff, Banffshire
ADDISON James, Boarder, Widr, 56, Cooper Journeyman, Boyndie Banffshire.5
Ann appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 at 26 Boyndie Street (McDonalds Clan), Banff, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was George, Margaret, Alexander and Alexander ;
GERRARD Ann, Head, Widow, 48, Sailors Widow, Aberdour, Aberdeen, 2 rooms with windows and 2 children at school
GERRARD George, Son, Unm, 19, Slaters Assistant, Macduff, Banff
STEVENSON Margaret, Daur, 11, Scholar, Whitehills, Banff
STEVENSON Alexander, Son, 9, Scholar, Whitehills, Banff
STEVENSON Alexander, Boarder, 50, Wright, Whitehills, Banff.6
As of c 1880,Ann Watt was also known as Ann Stevenson.
Ann appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of Alexander Stevenson at 16 Strait Path, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ;
STEVENSON Alexander, Head, M, 65, M, Joiner, Whitehills, Banff
STEVENSON Ann, Wife, M, 57, F, Aberdour, Aberdeen.7
Ann appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 at Banff, Banffshire, Banffshire, also listed in the household was Alexander ;
STEVENSON Ann, Head, Wid, 72, Carpenters Widow, Aberdour Aberdeen, 1 rooms with windows
STEVENSON Alexander, Son, Unm, 32, Slater, employed, Boyndie Banff.8
Ann died on 8 Nov 1893 at Banff, Banffshire, Banffshire, at age 73 years
At 11pm aged 73yrs.
Widow of John Gerrard, Seaman.
Parents: William Watt, Seaman (dec) and Jean Watt MS West (dec)
A Stevenson, son, was informant at her death.1,9
Ann's cause of death on 8 Nov 1893 was from Epithelioma Vulvae - 4 months.
Children of Ann Watt and John Jarron
Children of Ann Watt and Alexander Steinson
|Father||William Watt (c 1780 - )|
|Mother||Jean West (c 1780 - 13 Jan 1850)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1820 Aberdour Aberdeen, 169/0030 0003. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Boyndie Banff, via Ancestry.co.uk, ED 1, Page 20, Line 1030. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1846 Aberdour Aberdeenshire, 169/ 30/266.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Boyndie Banffshire, Village of Whitehills, 149/00 002/00 016. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 Banff Banff, 147/00 003/000 013. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), 1881 Banff Banffshire, FHL Film 0203437 GRO Ref Vol 147 EnumDist 3 Page 3. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Banff Banff, 147/00 003/00 003. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1893 Banff Banff, 147/A0 0087. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.