Jessie Ferrier Clark
Jessie Ferrier Clark was born on 26 Jul 1850 at Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .1
She was the daughter of William Clark and Jean Shand.
Jessie appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of William Clark at Peathill, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
CLARK William, Head, Mar,45, Tailor Master, Employing 2 Men, Pitsligo Aberdeen
CLARK Jane, Wife, Mar, 43, Banff Banffshire
CLARK William, Son, Unm, 21, Tailor Journeyman, Pitsligo Aberdeen
CLARK Margaret, Dau, Unm, 16, Scholar, Pitsligo Aberdeen
CLARK James, Son, 9, Scholar, Pitsligo Aberdeen
CLARK Ann, Dau, 7, Scholar, Pitsligo Aberdeen
CLARK Barbara, Dau, 4, Scholar, Pitsligo Aberdeen
CLARK Jessie, Dau, 9mths, Pitsligo Aberdeen
BARCLAY Peter, Apprentice, 17, Tailors Apprentice, Tyrie Aberdeen.2
Jessie Ferrier Clark married Andrew Arthur Dutch on 19 Apr 1870 at Tolbooth Lane, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
After Banns, According to the Banns of the Church of Scotland
Seaman, Bachelor, Aged 22
Res: Tolbooth Lane, Peterhead
Parents: William Dutch, Labourer & Elizabeth Dutch MS Barclay
Janet Clark X her mark
Spinster, Aged 20
Res: Tolbooth Lane, Peterhead
Parents: William Clark, Tailor & Jane Clark MS Shand (dec)
Witnesses: John Morrison and Alexander Urquhart.3,4
As of 19 Apr 1870,her married name was Dutch.
Jessie Ferrier Clark married George Gerrard, son of John Jarron and Ann Watt, on 2 Mar 1921 at 48 Duff Street, Macduff, Banffshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the forms of the Congregational Church
Master Slater (widower) aged 67
Res: 14 King Street, Rosehearty
Parents: John Gerrard, Seaman (dec) and Ann Gerrard MS Watt (dec)
Merchant, (widow), aged 70
Res: 48 Duff Street, Macduff
Parents: William Clark, Tailor (dec) and Jane Clark MS Shane (Dec)
Witnesses: Isabella Milne and James French.3,5
As of 2 Mar 1921,her married name was Gerrard.
Jessie died on 25 Mar 1928 at 102 Duff Street, Macduff, Banffshire, Scotland , at age 77 years, 7 months and 28 days
Jessie Ferrier Gerrard
1st Andrew Dutch, Seaman
2nd George Gerrard, Retired Slater
At 7:30am aged 77yrs
Parents: William Clark, Tailor (dec) & Jane Clark MS Shane (dec)
Walter Ryall, neighbour, Curowbull? Macduff was the informant.3,6
Jessie's cause of death on 25 Mar 1928 was from Myoma uteri
intestinal obstruction of bowel.
? children, as I have not done research on them.
Jessie and George Gerrard had 0 children.
Family: Jessie Ferrier Clark and Andrew Arthur Dutch
Family: Jessie Ferrier Clark and George Gerrard
|Father||William Clark (c 1800 - )|
|Mother||Jean Shand (c 1800 - )|
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1850 Pitsligo Aberdeenshire, 233/30 198. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Pitsligo Aberdeenshire, ED 3 Page 2, Parish No 233. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1870 Peterhead Aberdeenshire, 232/18. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Macduff Banff, 155/A2 0002.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1928 Macduff Banff, 155/A2 0010.