Christian Tarves Whyte
Christian Tarves Whyte was born on 3 Dec 1872 at New Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .1
She was the daughter of John Whyte and Helen Glennie.
Christian appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of John Whyte at Peathill, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
WHYTE John, Head, M, 55, M, Farmer of ...5, employ 1 man Aberdour Aberdeen
WHYTE, Jane, F, M, 49, Wife, Pitsligo, Aberdeen
RIDDLE George, U, 23, M, Stepson, Joiner, Pitsligo, Aberdeen
WHYTE James, 11, M, Son, Scholar, Aberdour Aberdeen
WHYTE Ann, 13, Dau, F, Farmers Daur, Aberdour Aberdeen
WHYTE Christian, F, Dau, 7, Scholar, Aberdour Aberdeen
BIRNIE Jane, F, Step Dau, 8,Scholar, Pitsligo Aberdeen.2
Christian appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of John Whyte at Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire;
WHYTE John, Head, M, 65, Farmer, Aberdour
WHYTE Jane, Wife, 59, Pitsligo
WHYTE Annie, Dau, 23, Aberdour
WHYTE Christian, Dau, 18, Teacher in Public School, Aberdour
DUNCAN William, Farm Servant, 15.3
As of 4 Oct 1893,her married name was Cowie.
Christian Tarves Whyte married George Cowie, son of Margaret Smart, on 4 Oct 1893 at Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire,
After Banns According to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland
George COWIE, Farmer (Bachelor), aged 33
Usual Res: Lochbuy Pitsligo
Parents: William Cowie, Farmer (dec) & Margaret Smart
Christian-Tarves WHYTE, Teacher (Spinster) aged 20
Usual Res: Peathill Pitsligo
Parents: John Whyte, Farmer & Helen Glennie (dec)
Witnesses: Ann Whyte & Thomas Cowie.4,5
Christian appeared on the 1901 Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of George Cowie at Lochbury, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
COWIE George, Head, 40, Farmer, Pitsligo
COWIE Christian, Wife, 26, Pitsligo
COWIE William, Son, 6, Scholar
COWIE John, Son, 5, Scholar
COWIE Tom, Son, 3
COWIE Amy, Dau, 1
COWIE Margaret, Mother, 72
COWIE Jessie, Niece, 9 born England
WISELY Elsie, Kitchen Maid Domestic, 21
BURNETT Nellie, Nurse Maid Domestic, 15.6
Christian's cause of death on 12 Nov 1946 was from Pneumonia
Arterio Sclersotic Epilesey.
Christian died on 12 Nov 1946 at Gownor, Meldrum, Aberdeenshire, Scotland , at age 73 years, 11 months and 9 days
Christian Tarves COWIE, married to George Cowie, Retired Farmer
at 7.30am aged 73 years
Parents: John Whyte, Farmer (dec & Helen Glennie (dec)
Tom Cowie, son was present at her death.4,7
Children of Christian Tarves Whyte and George Cowie
|Father||John Whyte (13 Feb 1826 - 2 Apr 1905)|
|Mother||Helen Glennie (c 1837 - 22 Dec 1874)|
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C119081.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), FHL Film 0203465 GRO Ref Volume 233 EnumDist 4 Page 5. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Pitsligo Aberdeenshire, ED4 Pg 2 Line 11 REg 233 - via Ancestry. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1893 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 0011. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Pitsligo, ED 4; . Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1946, Meldrum Aberdeen, 229/00 0016.