James Whyte was born on 14 Nov 1869 at New Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .1
He was the son of John Whyte and Helen Glennie.
James appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of John Whyte at Bracklamore, New Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
WHYTE John, Head, M, 44, Farmer 200 acres, employing 5 men and 2 boys, Aberdour, Aberdeenshire, 3 rooms with windows and 4 children at school
WHYTE Helen, Wife, M, 33, Tyrie Aberdeen
WHYTE Robert, Son, 5, Scholar, Aberdour
WHYTE James, Son, 1, Aberdour
WHYTE Marjory, Dau, 10, Scholar, Aberdour
WHYTE Helen, Dau, 9, Scholar, Aberdour
WHYTE Mary, Dau, 7, Scholar, Aberdour
WHYTE Ann, Dau, 3, Aberdour.2
James appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of John Whyte at Peathill, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
WHYTE John, Head, M, 55, M, Farmer of ...5, employ 1 man Aberdour Aberdeen
WHYTE, Jane, F, M, 49, Wife, Pitsligo, Aberdeen
RIDDLE George, U, 23, M, Stepson, Joiner, Pitsligo, Aberdeen
WHYTE James, 11, M, Son, Scholar, Aberdour Aberdeen
WHYTE Ann, 13, Dau, F, Farmers Daur, Aberdour Aberdeen
WHYTE Christian, F, Dau, 7, Scholar, Aberdour Aberdeen
BIRNIE Jane, F, Step Dau, 8,Scholar, Pitsligo Aberdeen.3
James witnessed the marriage of Robert Paterson and Marjory Innes on 19 Dec 1888 Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .4,5
James witnessed the marriage of Helen Catherine Clark and Robert Whyte on 27 Mar 1890 Temperance Hotel, Commerce Street, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .4,6
James appeared on the 1891 Census of 5 Apr 1891 14 Stewartville Street, Govan, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
MACRAE Christina, Head, 54, Housekeeper
MACRAE John, 25, Son, Spirit Salesman
MACLENNAN Donald, 37, Visitor, Draper
TAYLOR John, 22, Boarder, Policeman
WHYTE James, Boarder, 21, Policeman, Aberdeen Aberdeenshire.7
James Whyte married Flora Marchant Chamney in 1897 at Birkenhead, Cheshire, England.8
James appeared on the 1901 Census of 31 Mar 1901 at 42 Beaconsfull Road, Birkenhead, Cheshire, England, also listed in the household was Flora, Albert and Flora ;
WHYTE James, Head, M, 31, Police Constable, worker, Scotland
WHYTE Flora M, Wife, M, 25, Birkendhead Cheshire
WHYTE Albert J, Son, S, 2, Birkenhead
WHYTE Flora, Dau, S, 8 months, Birkenhead
CHAMNEY Albert E, Brother in Law, S, 20, Butchers assistant at Lairage, worker, Birkenhead.9
James appeared on the 1911 Census of 2 Apr 1911 at 41 Chester Street, Birkenhead, Cheshire, England, also listed in the household was Flora, Albert, Flora, Ethel and Helen ;
WHYTE James, Head, 41, Married, Police Sergeant, Municipal, Aberdeen Aberdeenshire
WHYTE Flora Marchant, Wife, 35, Married, 13yrs married, 5 children born and living, Birkenhead Cheshire
WHYTE Albert James, Son, 12, School, Birkenhead
WHYTE Flora, Daughter, 10, School, Birkenhead
WHYTE Ethel, Daughter, 8, School, Birkenhead
WHYTE Helen Glennie, Dsughter, 5, School, Birkenhead
WHYTE Bessie, Daughter, one month, Birkenhead
O'HARA Annie, Servant, 24, Single, General Servant, Domestic, Liverpool.10
Children of James Whyte and Flora Marchant Chamney
|Father||John Whyte (13 Feb 1826 - 2 Apr 1905)|
|Mother||Helen Glennie (c 1837 - 22 Dec 1874)|
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C119081.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 New Pitsligo Aberdeen, 227/B0 006/0B 001. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), FHL Film 0203465 GRO Ref Volume 233 EnumDist 4 Page 5. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 0012. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1890 Fraserburgh Aberdeen, 196/00 0008.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Govan Lanark, ED 27 Page 23 Line 22, Rego Np 646/3. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1897 June Qtr, Birkenhead Cheshire, 8A 824.
- [S65] 1901 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 31 March 1901), 1901 Birkenhead Cheshire, RG 13/ 3396 Folio 66 Pg 24. Hereinafter cited as 1901 English Census.
- [S128] PRO England, 1911 English Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Birkenhead Cheshire, RG14PN21958 RG78PN1308 RD452 SD1 ED1 SN216. Hereinafter cited as 1911 English Census.