Robert Whyte was born on 17 Sep 1865 at New Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .1
He was the son of John Whyte and Helen Glennie.
Robert appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of John Whyte at Bracklamore, New Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
WHYTE John, Head, M, 44, Farmer 200 acres, employing 5 men and 2 boys, Aberdour, Aberdeenshire, 3 rooms with windows and 4 children at school
WHYTE Helen, Wife, M, 33, Tyrie Aberdeen
WHYTE Robert, Son, 5, Scholar, Aberdour
WHYTE James, Son, 1, Aberdour
WHYTE Marjory, Dau, 10, Scholar, Aberdour
WHYTE Helen, Dau, 9, Scholar, Aberdour
WHYTE Mary, Dau, 7, Scholar, Aberdour
WHYTE Ann, Dau, 3, Aberdour.2
Robert appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of George Innes at 61 Frithside Street, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
INNES George, Head, M, 37, M, Joiner Journeyman, Inchkeith, Banff
INNES Marjory, Wife, M, 20, F, Aberdour, Aberdeen
INNES William, Son, 10, M, Scholar, Tarves, Aberdeen
INNES John W, Son, 1, M, Fraserburgh, Aberdeen
WHYTE Robert, Brother In Law, U, 15, m, Joiner Apprentice, Aberdour, Aberdeen.3
Robert Whyte married Helen Catherine Clark on 27 Mar 1890 at Temperance Hotel, Commerce Street, Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland
Robert WHYTE, House Carpenter (Bachelor) aged 24
Usual Res: Peathill Pitsligo
Parents: John Whyte, Farmer & Helen Glennie (dec)
Helen Catherine CLARK, Shopkeeper (Bakeshop) (Spinster) aged 22
Usual Res: High Street, Fraserburgh
Parents: George Clark, ? Labourer & Sarah Imlah
Witnesses: James Whyte & Christian Massey.4,5
Robert Whyte immigrated on 3 Apr 1890 Dep Liverpool to Portland USA via ship "Vancouver"
Rob Whyte & Mrs Whyte
Dep 3 April 1890 Liverpool to Portland USA, via Ship Vancouver
Arrival in Halifax. NS Canada, 13 April 1890
WHITE Robt & Mrs, aged 24 & 22 to Halifax.6
Robert appeared on the 1901 Census of 31 Mar 1901 at 164 Union Grove, Holburn, Aberdeenshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Helen, Jane and George ;
WHYTE Robert, Head, M, 35, House Carpenter, born N Aberdour,Aberdeen
WHYTE Helen, Wife, 33, King Edward Aberdeen
WHYTE Jane, Dau, 6, Fraserburgh Canada
WHYTE George C, Son 3, Cumninestown Canada
CLARK Sarah, Mother In Law, 63.7
Robert Whyte recorded John Whyte's death on 2 Apr 1905 21 Dingwall Street, Rosehearty, Pitsligo, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
Farmer, married to Jane Smart, Previously to Helen Glennie
At 4pm aged 79 yrs.
Parents: Robert Whyte, Farmer (dec) & Mary Whyte MS Watt (dec)
Robert Whyte, son, of 35 Bark Street, Aberdeen was the informant.4,8
Robert Whyte witnessed the birth of Robert Whyte on 19 Jan 1909 33 Bank Street, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
Parents: Robert Whyte, News Agent, & Helen Catharine Clark (dec)
M. 27 March 1890, Fraserburgh
Robert Whyte, Father was present at the birth.4,9
Robert Whyte witnessed the death of Helen Catherine Whyte on 25 Jan 1909 Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire,
Helen Catharine WHYTE, (married to Robert Whyte, News Agent)
At 11am aged 41 years
Parents: George Clark, Farmer (dec) & Sarah Imlah
Robert Whyte, Widower, was present at her death.4,10
Robert Whyte married Lily Rose Shepherd on 1 May 1923 at 1 Deemount Terrace, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
After Publication According to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland
Robert WHYTE, Newsagent (Widower)
Usual Res: 33 Bank Street, Aberdeen
Parents: John Whyte, Farmer (dec) & Helen Glennie (dec)
Lily Rose SHEPHERD, Commericial Clerk (Spinster) aged 34
Usual Res: 90 Fonthill Road, Aberdeen
Parents: Goerge Shepherd, Fish curer & Alison France (dec)
Witnesses: George Burnett, 70 Whitehall Road, Abertdeen & Flora Shepherd, 90 Fonthill Road, Aberdeen.4,11
Robert's cause of death on 30 Apr 1942 was from Myocarditis
Robert died on 30 Apr 1942 at Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire, at age 76 years, 7 months and 13 days
Robert WHYTE, Newsagent, (married to 1st. Catherine Clark; 2nd Lily Rose Shepherd)
At 7am, aged 76 years
Parents: John Whyte, Farmer (dec) & Hellen Glennie (dec)
G Whyte, son, 41 Hilton Terrace, Aberdeen was the informant.4,12
Children of Robert Whyte and Helen Catherine Clark
Family: Robert Whyte and Lily Rose Shepherd
|Father||John Whyte (13 Feb 1826 - 2 Apr 1905)|
|Mother||Helen Glennie (c 1837 - 22 Dec 1874)|
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C119081.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 New Pitsligo Aberdeen, 227/B0 006/0B 001. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), FHL Film 0203456 GRO Ref Vol 196 EnumDist 7 Page 40. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1890 Fraserburgh Aberdeen, 196/00 0008. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Via findmypast
Also via Archives Canada - Ship Vancouver, Dominion LIne, Arrival Halifax NS 13 April 1890, Ref RG76, Microfilm C-4514 - via Canadian Passenger Lists 1865-1922
. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Aberdeen Holburn, ED 34, Page 5, Line 14, Rego 168/2 - via Ancestry
. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1905 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 0011.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1909 St Machar Aberdeen, 168/02 0172.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1909 St Machar Aberdeen, 168/02 0117.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1923 St Machar Aberdeen, 168/02 0132.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1942 Aberdeen Aberdeen, 168/02 0266.