Elizabeth Dean was born on 3 Jan 1856 at Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Parents: John Dean and Jean Ross.1
Elizabeth appeared on the 1901 Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Alexander Stevenson at 23 Boyndie Street, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ;
STEVENSON Alex, Head, Married, M, 38, Slater, born Banff
STEVENSON Elizabeth, Wife, Married, F, 39, Macduff
STEVENSON Elizabeth, Dau, Sing, F, 7, Scholar, Macduff
STEVENSON Maggie, Dau, Single, F, 2, Macduff.2
Elizabeth appeared on the 1911 Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Alexander Stevenson at 73 High Street, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ;
STEVENSON Alexander, Head, 48, Single, Slater, Worker, Boyndie Banff
DEAN Elizabeth, Servant, 52, Single, Housekeeper, Macduff Banff
STEVENSON Maggie, Dau, 11, School, Macduff Banff.3
As of 2 Feb 1918,her married name was Stevenson.
Elizabeth Dean married Alexander Stevenson, son of Alexander Steinson and Ann Watt, on 2 Feb 1918 at 72 High Street, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
Alexander Stevenson, Slater, Bachelor, aged 54
Usual Res: 72 High Street, Banff
Parents: Alexander Stevenson, Carpenter (dec) & Ann Watt (dec)
Elizabeth Dean, Her X Mark, Housekeeper, Spinster, aged 61
Signed W D Bruce, Witness & Jessie Auchiachie Pryde, Witness
Usual Res: 72 High Street, Banff
Parents: John Dean, Blacksmith (dec) & Jane Ross (dec)
Witnesses: Jessie Auclinachie Pryde & George Thomson.4,5
Elizabeth Stevenson recorded Alexander Stevenson's death on 2 Jun 1934 Chalmer's Hospital, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland ,
At 7.45pm aged 71yrs
Slater, married to Elizabeth Dean
Ususal Residence: 15 Roydie Street, Banff.
Parents: Alexander Stevenson, Willright (dec) and Ann Watt (dec)
Elizabeth Stevenson (her x mark), widow was the informant.4,6
Elizabeth died on 7 Feb 1937 at 5 North Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland , at age 81 years, 1 month and 4 days
Elizabeth Stevenson, Widow of Alexander Stevenson, Slater
At 11.10AM aged 81 years
Parents: John Dean, Blacksmith (Dec) and Jean Ross (Dec)
Maragaret Munro, Daughter, was present when she passed away.4,7
Elizabeth's cause of death on 7 Feb 1937 was from Bronchitis.
Children of Elizabeth Dean and Alexander Stevenson
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), 1856 Scotland Births and Baptisms 1564 - 1950 - C11147-1.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Banff Banff, Piece 147 Folio 318 Page 3 via findmypast.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Banff Banff, 147/0A 001/00 016. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1918 Banff Banff, 147/0A 0004. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1934 Banff, Banff, 147/A0 0041.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1937 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 0003.