Caroline Gerrard was born on 17 Mar 1894 at 40 Back Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
George Gerrard, Father was present at the birth.1,2
She was the daughter of George Gerrard and Maggie McKay.
Caroline appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of George Gerrard at Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire;
GERRARD George, Head, Mar, 48, Slater, Employer, Macduff Banff, 3 rooms with windows
GERRARD Margaret, Wife, Mar, 47, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD William G, Son, S, 23, Slater (journeyman) Worker, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD Kenneith, Son, S, 19, Slater (apprentice) Worker, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD Edith, Dau, 14, Scholar, Peterhead, Aberdeen
GERRARD Hannah W, Dau, 11, Scholar, Peterhead Aberdeen
GERRARD Caroline, Dau, 8, Scholar, Rosehearty, Aberdeen.3
Caroline appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of George Gerrard at 14 King Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
GERRARD George, Head, 58, Mar, Slater, Employer, Macduff Banff
GERRARD Kenneth M, Son, 28, Single, Slater, Worker, Macduff Banff
GERRARD Hannah W, Dau, 20, Single, Peterhead Aberdeen
GERRARD Caroline, Dau, 17, Single, Rosehearty Aberdeen
INNES Maggie, Grand Dau, 7, School, Glasgow Lanark.4
Caroline witnessed the marriage of George Third and Edith Gerrard on 24 Jan 1919 359 Union Street, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .1,5
As of 4 Feb 1921,her married name was Davidson.
Caroline Gerrard married Neil McLean Davidson, son of William Davidson and Jessie McLean, on 4 Feb 1921 at Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
After Banss according to the Forms of the United Free Church of Scotland
Neil M Davidson, Shipwright, (Widower), aged 31, res High Street, Sandhaven, Pitsligo
Caroline Gerrard, Domestic Servant, (Spinster), aged 26, res 14 King Street, Rosehearty, Pitsligo
Parents: William Davidson, Master Mariner (dec) and Jessie Davidson MS McLean (dec)
George Gerrard, Slater and Margaret Gerrard MS McKay (dec)
Witnesses: Wm Davidson and Mary Davidson.1,6
Caroline Davidson witnessed the death of Neil McLean Davidson on 30 Oct 1943 Royal Infirmary, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland ,
At 12 Noon, aged 56 years
Shipwright (Journeyman) Married to Caroline Gerrard.
Usual Res: 31 Kinnoull Street, Perth
Parents: William Davidson, Master Mariner (dec) & Jessie McLean (dec)
Caroline Davidson, widow, 31 Kennoull Street, Perth was present when he passed away.1,7
As of 1951,her married name was McDougall.
Caroline Davidson married Dougald McDougall in 1951 at Perth, Perthshire, Scotland .8
Hannah visited her sister Caroline in the 1960's and the photo of her with Caroline and Dougald was taken then.
Caroline wrote a letter dated 26 Feb 1967from Walnut Grove, Kinfauns, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland , to
Mrs Daisy Scott
61 Fox St, South Dunedin, New Zealand
My Dear Neice
I do hope this finds you well, your summer will be about gone now, I do hope we have a good one but they are few and far between not like the summers we used to have. I think we are verering near Ice and I have sent you one or two papers. My friend sends the post to her daughter in Australia, so I thought you would like it to read. How are all your family since they had their holidays, it is funny having your summer at Xmas. My hubby does a lot of fishing on the Tay & Earn the Tay is just at the foot of garden. Don't you send anything to Hannah & I as everything is so dear of course the postage is very high with you as well as us. By the way I don't bother with the Innes family & never have. George used to visit but I never went about them. Did Ruby Thirds son get married were you invited, she will miss him. Hannah is going to drop you a line she has been catching up on her Xmas mail anyway all our love Aunt & Uncle xxxx. ps. will send you more papers cheerio.9
Caroline died in 1976 at Perthshire, Scotland , at age 81 years
I have assumed there were no children born to Caroline and Dougald.
Family: Caroline Gerrard and Neil McLean Davidson
Family: Caroline Gerrard and Dougald McDougall
|Father||George Gerrard (c 1853 - 9 Feb 1922)|
|Mother||Maggie McKay (c 1853 - 26 Apr 1919)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 0044. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 002/000 011. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 002/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1919 St Nicholas Aberdeen, 168/01 0067.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 0002.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1943, Perth Perth, 387/00 0573.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1951, Perth Perth, 387/00/ 0319.
- [S129] Letter from Caroline McDougall (Kinfauns by Perth Scotland) to Daisy Scott; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia), Orginial Letter sent to Ailsa Corlett from Ruby Blewden nee Scott March 2009 and held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1976 Perth, Perth, Death Index, 391/00 0841 - GERRARD and McDOUGALL.