Hannah Watt Gerrard
Hannah Watt Gerrard was born on 2 Mar 1891 at 39 Maiden Street, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ,
George Gerrard, father was the informant.1,2 She was the daughter of George Gerrard and Maggie McKay.
Hannah appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of George Gerrard at Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeenshire;
GERRARD George, Head, Mar, 37, Slater, employed, Macduff, Banff, 2 rooms with windows
GERRARD Maggie, Wife, Mar, 36, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD Maggie Ann, Dau, Unm, 14, Scholar, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD William G, Son, 12, Scholar, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD Kenneth, Son, 8, Scholar, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD Edith, dau, 3, Peterhead Aberdeen
GERRARD Hannah W, Dau, 1mth, Peterhead Aberdeen.3
Hannah appeared on the 1901 Scottish Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of George Gerrard at 40 Back Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
GERRARD George, Head, Mar, 48, Slater, Employer, Macduff Banff, 3 rooms with windows
GERRARD Margaret, Wife, Mar, 47, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD William G, Son, S, 23, Slater (journeyman) Worker, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD Kenneith, Son, S, 19, Slater (apprentice) Worker, Macduff, Banff
GERRARD Edith, Dau, 14, Scholar, Peterhead, Aberdeen
GERRARD Hannah W, Dau, 11, Scholar, Peterhead Aberdeen
GERRARD Caroline, Dau, 8, Scholar, Rosehearty, Aberdeen.4
Hannah appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of George Gerrard at 14 King Street, Rosehearty, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
GERRARD George, Head, 58, Mar, Slater, Employer, Macduff Banff
GERRARD Kenneth M, Son, 28, Single, Slater, Worker, Macduff Banff
GERRARD Hannah W, Dau, 20, Single, Peterhead Aberdeen
GERRARD Caroline, Dau, 17, Single, Rosehearty Aberdeen
INNES Maggie, Grand Dau, 7, School, Glasgow Lanark.5
Hannah Watt Gerrard immigrated on 14 Jul 1911 from Glasgow via "Cassandra" to Montreal Canada
GERARDE Hannah, no occupation listed and Adult
Arrival into Canada states the following:
GERRARD Hannah, aged 20, Single, to be Married, Carpenter - reason for immigration - Marriage.6
As of 21 Oct 1911,her married name was Gordon.
Hannah Watt Gerrard married George Gordon, son of William Leask Gordon and Isabella Lumsden Murray, on 21 Oct 1911 at Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.7
Hannah posed for a photo in Sep 1912 Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, Scotland .8
Hannah Watt Gordon was listed, along with George Gordon, on a passenger list dated 6 May 1920 going from Liverpool via "Haverford" to Halifax Canada
Ship HAVERFORD going to Halifax, Canada and to Philadelphia, USA from Liverpool.
GORDON George, Carpeneter 29
GORDON Hanah, Housewife, 29
GORDON George, Child, 7
GORDON Florence, Child, 1
On Canadian entry, states they have been away for 3 years.9
Hannah Watt Gordon was listed, along with George Gordon, on a passenger list dated 8 Mar 1928 going from Sydney Australia via "Niagara" to Vancouver Canada
Entry back to Canada from being in NZ.
GORDON George, Husband, 38, born Rosehearty Scotland, last in Canada Oct 1927 Winnipeg, Man, Carpenter.
Last address: Brother in Law, Mr G Third, Abbotsford, Dunedin, New Zealand.
With George returning was:
GORDON Hannah, Wife, 37
GORDON George, Son, 15
GORDON Florence, Daughter, 9
GORDON Margaret, Daughter, 6
GORDON William, Son, 2.10
Hannah was in the photo with Marion Pickard Scott taken in Aug 1931 Tannochside, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
Photo taken with Edith Third and her sister - most likely Hannah Gordon, when she brought June Scott to Scotland in 1931.
Research Note: c 1965
Hannah visited her sister Caroline in the 1960's and the photo of her with Caroline and Dougald was taken then.
Hannah died on 22 Feb 1984 at Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, at age 92 years, 11 months and 20 days.11
Children of Hannah Watt Gerrard and George Gordon
|Father||George Gerrard (c 1853 - 9 Feb 1922)|
|Mother||Maggie McKay (c 1853 - 26 Apr 1919)|
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, Peterhead Aberdeen, 232/01 0069. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Peterhead Aberdeen, 232/01 012/000 008. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S63] 1901 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 31 March 1901), 1901 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 002/000 011. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Scottish Census.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Pitsligo Aberdeen, 233/00 002/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), 1911 Passengers lists leaving UK 1890 - 1960 - Findmypast.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record, Canadian Indexes, unknown repository address, 1911 - Manitoba Marriage Index, 1879 - 1931 via Ancestry.com Rego No 1911-003311. Hereinafter cited as Canadian BDM Record.
- [S159] Letter or email from Colin Gordon (Canada - e-mail address) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) emails 2008.
- [S61] Shipping Records, 1920 Passengers lists leaving UK 1890 - 1960 - Findmypast.co.uk.
- [S61] Shipping Records, 1928 - Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865 - 1935 - via Ancestry.co.uk.
- [S158] Letter or email from Kellie Rennie (California USA - Ancestry Tree - KRennieAZ) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Kerrie Rennie Ancestry Tree recorded Aug 2012.