Brenda Barradell was born in 1911 at Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales,
Parents: Percy R Barradell and Cissy Elizabeth Rosebotham.1
Brenda appeared on the 1911 English Census of 2 Apr 1911 at 472 Corporation Road, Newport, Monmouthshire, Wales;
BARRADELL Percy R, Head, 41, Married, Clothier, Employer at Home, Leicester
BARRADELL Cissy E, Wife, 28, Married, 8 yrs married, 4 children born, 3 living, 1 deceased. Assisting in Business, Wolverhampton Stafford
BARRADELL Percy Frank, Nephew, 21, Single, Assisting in Business, Worker, Leicester
ROBERTHAM Nelly May, Wifes Sister, 25, Assisting in Business, worker, Wolverhampton Stafford
BARRADELL Olive Vera, Dau, 12, Scholar, Barry, Glamorganshire Wales
BARRADELL Mabel Violet, Dau, 8, Scholar, Newport Monmouthshire Wales
BARRADELL Sidney Russell, Son, 4, Newport Monmouthshire
BARRADELL Walter Clifford, Son, 2, Newport Monmouthshire
BARRADELL Brenda, Dau, 2mths, Newport Monmouthshire.2
Brenda Barradell immigrated on 6 Sep 1913 from Bristol England via "Royal George" for Quebec, Canada,
BARRADELL Elizabeth, Housewife, 32
BARRADELL Olive, Child, 11
BARRADELL Mabel, Child, 9
BARRADELL Sidney, Child, 6
BARRADELL Walter, Child, 4
BARRADELL Brenda, Child, 2
BARRADELL Ethel, Child, 6mths
Arrived 13 Sept 1913
BARRADELL Mrs Elizabeth, 32, To husband - joining husband
All the children listed.3
Brenda appeared on the 1916 Canadian Census of 1916 at 102,23,107 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada;
BARRADELL Percy, Head, Married, 44, England, All Baptist, All Immigrated 1913, signwriter, Employer
BARRADELL Cissie E, Wife, M, 30, England
BARRADELL Olive, Dau, S, 17, England, Agar Maker, Factory
BARRADELL Mabel, Dau, S, 13, England
BARRADELL Sidney, Son, S, 9, England
BARRADELL Walter, Son, S, 7, England
BARRADELL Brenda, Dau, S, 5, England
BARRADELL Ethel M, Dau, S, 3, England
BARRADELL Ada W, Dau, S, 1. Alberta.4
Brenda appeared on the 1921 Canadian Census of 1921 at McDonald Street, Sedgewick Town, Alberta, Canada;
BARRADELL Percy, McDonlad St, Renting $35 mth, Timber house, 6 rooms, Head, Married, 51, England, Immigrated 1913, Restuarant - own occupant.
BARRADELL Cessy, Wife, M, 40, England, Housekeeper
BARRADELL Mabel, Dau, S, 18, England, Bottle ? with Father
BARRADELL Walter, Son, S, 12, England, Student
BARRADELL Brenda, Dau, S, 10, England, Student
BARRADELL Queenie, Dau, S, 8, England
BARRADELL Ada, Dau, S, 6, Canada.5
Brenda Barradell married William McKay Innes, son of John Whyte Innes and Margaret Ann Gerrard, on 26 Dec 1930 at Calgary, Alberta, Canada,
INNES - BARRADELL
A pretty wedding was solemnized at First Baptist Church on December 26, at 7 o'clock, when Brenda, daughter of Mr and Mrs P Barradell, became the bride of W M innes, son of Mr and Mrs J W Innes, of Calgary. Rev Archie Gordon officiated.
The bride, wearing a lovely gown of white satin and lace, with bridal veil and orange blossoms and carrying a shower bouquet of red roses, entered the church with her father to the strains of the wedding march, played by Madame Beatrice Chapman, LRAM. Miss Ethel and Miss Winona, sisters of the bride, wearing yellow and pink satin gowns, carried bouquets of pink carnations. Two dainty little flower girls, Hazel Simper and Mamya Carroll, dressed in soft green taffeta with baskets of rose petals, led the bridal procession. Mr J B Innes, brother of the bridegroom, acted as best man. The bride's mother wore a dress of black silk lace and carried white roses and lilies of the valley. During the signing of the register a solo, "Because" was beautifully rendered by Mrs K L Robertson.
After the ceremony a reception was held at McDonald's Academy with about 200 invited guests attending.
Mr and Mrs Innes left shortly after midnight for a short honeymoon.
INNES - BARRADELL
The marriage of Miss Brenda Barradell and Mr W M Innes was solemanized at the First Baptist Church, Dec 26th, the Rev. Archie Gordon officiating.6,7
As of 26 Dec 1930,her married name was Innes.
Brenda died on 21 Oct 1968 at Lion's Gate Hospital, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, at age 57 years
Aged 57, Widow
Usual Res: East 15th Street, House No 518, North Vancouver BC
In Canada 53yrs, in Province 30yrs.
Born England - DOB: 12 Jan 1911
Married to William McKay Innes
Parents: Percy Barradell and Cissy Elizabeth Roebotham, England
Informant: A B Innes, Son, 518 East 15th Street, North Vancouver BC.8,9
Brenda's cause of death on 21 Oct 1968 was from Acute Myocardial Infarction
Brenda was cremated on 25 Oct 1968 at Garden Chapel, Ocean View, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada.
Would love to hear from other family members.
Children of Brenda Barradell and William McKay Innes
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1911 Newport Monmouthshire Wales, March Qtr, Vol 11a Page 265.
- [S128] PRO England, 1911 English Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Newport Monmouthshire Wales, RG14, Piece 31997, No 55. Hereinafter cited as 1911 English Census.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Uk Outward Passenger List, 1890 - 1960 - BT26 - via Ancestry.co.uk
Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865 - 1935 - Roll T-4804. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S134] Statistics of Canada Fonds, 1916 Canadian Census (Library and Archives Canada, Ottawa: www.ancestry.ca, 1916), Record Group 31-C-1. LAC microfilm T-21925 to T-21956, 1916 02D Edmonton West Alberta, Roll T-21950 Page 16 Family No 180. Hereinafter cited as 1916 Canadian Census.
- [S198] Statistics of Canada Fonds, 1921 Canadian Census (Library and Archives Canada, Ottawa: www.ancestry.ca, 1 June 1921), Series RG31 - Sixth Census of Canada, 1921 Victoria Alberta Canada, RG31, Folder No 11, Page No 2 - via Ancestry.co.uk
. Hereinafter cited as 1921 Canadian Census.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Calgary Herald, 29 & 31 Dec 1930, Ref nhjp1267 & nhjp1303. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record, Canadian Indexes, unknown repository address, Calgary Marriage Index 1930 - Innes, Wm McK. Hereinafter cited as Canadian BDM Record.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record: Via Ancestry.ca: British Columbia Deaths, Aged 56, Reg 1968-09-014267, BCA B13292, GSU 2034053
BC Death index and document.