Alexander Innes was born on 6 Jul 1838 at Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Keith 25th Dec 1855
Alexander natural son of Janet Innes and, was born 6th July and baptized 20th Aug 1838. Sponsor Alexander Innes
Witnesses Christian Ross, Achymachie and Isobel Jamieson in Keith.1,2
He was the son of Janet Innes.
Alexander appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of Alexander Innes at Auchinachie Toll Barr, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ;
INNES Alexander, F, 50, M, Lime Stone, Banff
REID Isobel, F, 45, Banff
INNES Alexander M, 20, M, Lime Stone, Banff
INNES Jane, F, 15, Banff
INNES James, M, 8, Banff
INNES Alexander, M, 2, Banff.3
Alexander appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Alexander Innes at Hillside, Auchinachie, Banffshire, Scotland ;
INNES Alexander, Head, M, 60, Crofter & Ag Lab, Mortlach, Banff
INNES Isabella, Wife,M, 56, Mortach, Banff
INNES Jane, Dau, U, 27, Gen Servant, Keith Banff
INNES George, Son, U, 25, Ag Lab, Keith Banff
INNES Alexander, Grandson/Son, 12, Keith Banff
INNES George, Grandson/Son, 8, Keith Banff.4
Alexander appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of James Watt at Wester Comalegy, Drumblade, Aberdeenshire, Scotland ;
WATT James, Head, Unm, 42, Farmer 115 acres, Drumblade Aberdeen
INNES Alexander, Servant, Unm, 22, Ploughman, Keith Banff
INNES James, Servant, Unm, 19, Ploughman, Rothiemary Banff
LESLIE Charles, Servant, Unm, 17, Ag lab, Cairney Banff
BROWN Alexander, Servant, 14, Ag Lab, Cairney Banff
INNES Janet, Servant, Unm, 40, Domestic Servant , Keith Banff
ALLAN Isabella, Servant, Unm, 18, Dairy Maid, Huntly Aberdeen.5
Alexander appeared on the 1871 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1871 at Hillside, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was James, James and Janet ;
INNES Alex, Head, Unm, 32, Crofter of 5 acres, Keith Banff, 1 rooms with windows and 2 children at school
INNES James, Son, Unm, 8, Scholar, Keith Banff
WATT James, Nephew, Unm, 6, Scholar, Drumblade, Aberdeen
INNES Janet, Mother, Unm, 52, Keith Banff.6
Alexander died on 27 Mar 1872 at Keith, Banffshire, Banffshire, at age 33 years, 8 months and 21 days
at 5:20 AM aged 33yrs
Parents: Janet Innes, Crofter
James Innes, Uncle, Blackhillanh? Lime Worker was the informant on the certificate.1,7
Alexander's cause of death on 27 Mar 1872 was from Phthisis - TB.
Child of Alexander Innes
- James Innes+ (Nov 1862 - 16 Jan 1943)
|Mother||Janet Innes (27 Nov 1818 - 8 Jan 1894)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1838 Keith Banff - 159/0050 0437. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), FreeCEN SCT1841/159 Keith-Banffshire, EnumDist 2, Folio 5 Page 6
Under Ancestry.co.uk it is recorded under the surname of JAMES and RIED
1841 Keith Banff 159/00 005/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), SCT 835/0035 GSG 21 May 2005
1851 Keith Banff 159/00 010/00 003. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 - Drumblade Aberdeenshire 188/00 002/00 006. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S76] 1871 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1871), 1871 Keith Banff, 159/00 001/000 011. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1872 Keith Banff - 159/00 0036. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.