Alexander Innes was born in 1791 at Mortlach, Banffshire, Scotland .
He was the son of Alexander Innes and Helen Anderson.
Alexander Innes was baptised on 20 Jan 1791 in Mortlach, Banffshire, Banffshire,
Alexander lawful son of Alexander Innes and Helen Anderson in Muir of Pilglassic
Alexander Anderson Junior there & Alexander Milne in Kirktown, Witnesses.1,2
Alexander Innes married Isobel Reid, daughter of James Reid and Janet Roy, in Jun 1816 at Montlach, Banffshire, Scotland ,
INNES & REID
Alexander Innes and Isobel Reid both parishioners having been contracted and proclaimed were this day married.1,3
Alexander Innes witnessed the birth of Alexander Innes on 6 Jul 1838 Keith, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Keith 25th Dec 1855
Alexander natural son of Janet Innes and, was born 6th July and baptized 20th Aug 1838. Sponsor Alexander Innes
Witnesses Christian Ross, Achymachie and Isobel Jamieson in Keith.1,4
Alexander appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841, at Auchinachie Toll Barr, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Isobel, Alexander, Jane, James and Alexander ;
INNES Alexander, F, 50, M, Lime Stone, Banff
REID Isobel, F, 45, Banff
INNES Alexander M, 20, M, Lime Stone, Banff
INNES Jane, F, 15, Banff
INNES James, M, 8, Banff
INNES Alexander, M, 2, Banff.5
Alexander appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 at Hillside, Auchinachie, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Isobel, Jane, George, Alexander and George ;
INNES Alexander, Head, M, 60, Crofter & Ag Lab, Mortlach, Banff
INNES Isabella, Wife,M, 56, Mortach, Banff
INNES Jane, Dau, U, 27, Gen Servant, Keith Banff
INNES George, Son, U, 25, Ag Lab, Keith Banff
INNES Alexander, Grandson/Son, 12, Keith Banff
INNES George, Grandson/Son, 8, Keith Banff.6
Alexander appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 at Hillside, Keith, Banffshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Isobel, James, Isabel, Alexander and William ;
INNES Alexander, Head, Mar, 70, unfit any occupation formerly Limework Lab, Mortlach Banffshire, no of rooms with windows 2
INNES Isabel, Wife, Mar, 66, labourers wife, Mortlach Banffshire
INNES James, Son, Mar, 28, Lime Quarrier, Keith Banffshire
INNES Isabel, Daur in law, Mar,31, Quarriers wife, Bolurum Elginshire
INNES Alexander, Grandson, 7, quarriers son, Bohram Elginshire
INNES William, Grandson, 5, quarriers son, Bohram Elginshire.7
Alexander died on 15 Feb 1864 at Keith, Banffshire, Banffshire, at age 73 years
Crofter, Widower of Isabel Reid
Aged 73yrs at 8:00AM
Parents: Alexander Innes, Crofter (dec) and Helen Anderson (dec)
George Innes, Grandson was present at his death.1,8
Alexander's cause of death on 15 Feb 1864 was from Disease of Heart.
Children of Alexander Innes and Isobel Reid
|Father||Alexander Innes (1761 - )|
|Mother||Helen Anderson (11 Sep 1762 - )|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1791 Mortlach Banff - 162/0010 0268. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1816 Mortlach Banff - 162/0020 0117.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1838 Keith Banff - 159/0050 0437.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), FreeCEN SCT1841/159 Keith-Banffshire, EnumDist 2, Folio 5 Page 6
Under Ancestry.co.uk it is recorded under the surname of JAMES and RIED
1841 Keith Banff 159/00 005/00 005. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), SCT 835/0035 GSG 21 May 2005
1851 Keith Banff 159/00 010/00 003. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Keith Banff 159/00 008/00 008. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1864 - Keith Banff, 159/00 0021. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.