Helen Thomson was baptised on 24 Oct 1766 in Boharm, Moray, Scotland ,
Parents: John Thomson & Helen Sutherland.1
Helen Thomson married Angus McDonald on 9 Apr 1788 at Aberlour, Banffshire, Scotland ,
McDONALD & THOMSON
April 13th 1788
Angus McDonald & Helen Thomson both in this Parish were contracted & having consigned Pledges were proclaimed & Married 9th April.2,3
As of 9 Apr 1788,her married name was McDonald.
Helen appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of John McDonald at Allawick, Aberlour, Banffshire, Scotland ;
McDONALD John, 50, Farmer, Yes
McDONALD Alexander, 45, Yes
McDONALD Robert, 40, Yes
McDONALD Helen, 70, Yes
McDONALD Helen, 17, yes
McDONALD Margaret, 11, Yes
McDONALD Isobel, 15, Yes
McDONALD Elizabeth, 10, Yes
GRAY Donald, 14, Ag Lab, Yes
WATSON John, 13, Ag Lab, No
GRIGOR Elizabeth, 20, Female Servant, No
ROBERTSON Isobel, 60, Yes.4
Helen McDonald witnessed the birth of Helen McDonald on 4 Dec 1850 Bogs of Linkwood, St Andrews-Lhanbryde, Moray, Scotland ,
McDonald & Grigor
Helen, lawful daughter of Robert McDonald Boggs of Linkwood and Mary Grigor his wife was born 4th December 1850.
Witnesses at the Baptism:
Helen McDonald and William Fleming.2,5,6
Helen appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of John McDonald at Allawick, Aberlour, Banffshire, Scotland ;
McDONALD John, Head, 62, Farmer of 50 Acres, Aberlour Banff
McDONALD Alexander, Brother, 57, Farmers Brother, Aberlour
McDONALD Helen, Mother, 84, Farmers Mother, Boharm, Banff
McDONALD Helen, Niece, 27, Mortlach Banff
McDONALD Margaret, Niece, 22, Mortlach Banff
McDONALD Helen, Niece, 12, At School, Drainie Moray
WATTS George, Niece Son (Great Nephew), 15, ? (Mee Loun), Aberlour
CLARK George, Servant, 37, Farm Servant, Mortlach
CLARK John, Servant, 14, Farm Servant, Mortlach.7
Helen died on 20 Feb 1856 at Allawick, Aberlour, Banffshire, Scotland , at age 89 years and 4 months
Helen McDonald, (Widow)
at 4.30AM aged 90 years
Parents: John Thomson, Farmer & Helen Thomson MS Sutherland
Alexander McDonald, Son was present when she passed away.2,8
Helen's cause of death on 20 Feb 1856 was from Old Age.
Helen was buried in 1856 at Old Aberlour Churchyard, Aberlour, Banffshire, Scotland ,
Stone Number L143
MacDonald - Allowick
(this may or may not be Helen, no other details obtained as yet.)9
Children of Helen Thomson and Angus McDonald
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), "Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VQ74-CPT : accessed 12 March 2015), Helen Thomson, 24 Oct 1766; citing BOHARM,MORAY,SCOTLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 990,723.. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1788 Aberlour, Banff, 145/00 0020 0162.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Aberlour Banff, 145/00 001/00 003. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S32] Scottish OPR's (published) 1850 St Andrew Llanbryd, Moray, 142/00 0020 0139.
- [S22] Birth and Marriage Entries, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia: Genealogical Society of Qld, 1988 Version), C111424/0801.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Aberlour Banffshire, ED1 page 8, Rego 145. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1856 Aberlour Banffshire, 145/00 0004. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , Aberlour Old Churchyard, Stone No L143 - details via Moray burial Grounds web site.
www.mbgrg.org. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.