He was the son of Alexander Grigor and Isobel Forbes.
John Grigor was listed as a resident in Alexander Grigor's household in the census report in Jun 1811 Whiterashes, Dallas, Moray, Scotland ;
GRIGOR Alexander, Mason, 31
FORBES Isabel, 25
GRIGOR John, 1.1
John appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of Alexander Grigor at Hill of Leanoch, Dallas, Moray, Scotland ;
GRIGOR Alexander, 60, Mason, Yes
GRIGOR John, 30, Ag Lab, Yes
GRIGOR William, 10, Yes.2
John Grigor witnessed the birth of John Alexander George McDonald on 18 Oct 1852 Bogs of Linkwood, St Andrews-Lhanbryde, Moray, Scotland ,
MacDonald & Grigor
John Alexander George lawful son of Robert Macdonald in Bogs of Linwood and Elizabeth Grigor his wife, was born on the 18th day of October 1852.
Witnesses at the Baptism, John Grigor, Lossiemouth and Margaret MacDonald, Allawick Aberlour.3,4,5
|Father*||Alexander Grigor (c 1780 - b 1851)|
|Mother*||Isobel Forbes (c 1786 - b 1841)|
- [S41] Miscellaneous Records , "The Lands and People of Moray" Book GSQ MOR 835 001
June 1811 Census - Dallas Parish.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Dallas Moray, ED 5 page 1 Parish No 129. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1852 St Andrew Llanbryd, Moray, 142/00 0020 0147. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S22] Birth and Marriage Entries, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia: Genealogical Society of Qld, 1988 Version), C111424/0849.