Baptism: 7 Sept 1842
Parents: George McDonald and Mary Ross.1
She was the daughter of George McDonald and Mary Ross.
Mary appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Mary McDonald at Branderburgh, Moray, Scotland ;
MacDONALD Mary, Head, 37, Grocer, Buntie Aberdeenshire
MacDONALD Mary, Dau, 10, Scholar, Drainie Elgin
MacDONALD Ann, Dau, 8, Scholar, Drainie Elgin
MacDONALD Elizabeth, Dau, Scholar, Drainie Elgin
SOUTER Isabella, Servant, 19, House Servant, Duffus Elgin.2
Mary appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Mary McDonald at Pitgaveny Street, Drainie, Moray, Scotland ;
McDONALD Mary, Head, 47, Hotel Keper, Bourtiee Aberdeenshire
McDONALD Mary, Dau, 20, Scholar, Drainie Moray
McDONALD Ann, Dau, 18, Scholar, Drainie Moray
McDONALD Elizabeth, Dau, 16, Scholar, Drainie Moray
SANTEN Jane, Servant, 23, Servant, Drainie Moary
MUIRDERS Ann, Servant, 18, Servant, Drainie Moray
McDONALD Ann, Servant, 16, Servant, Drainie Moray.3
Mary McDonald witnessed the death of Mary McDonald on 12 Jun 1895 Rossberry Cottage, Statfield, Drainie, Moray, Scotland ,
Widow of George Mcdonald, Harbour Innkeeper ??
at 1 AM aged 83yrs.
Parents: Thomas Ross, Farmer (dec) & Mary Ross MS Fowler (dec)
Mary Elliot, Daughter was present when she passed away.4,5
Mary died in 1896 at Drainie, Moray, Scotland , at age 53 years
Mary McDonald, Elliot, aged 55.6
|Father*||George McDonald (Feb 1808 - 13 Jun 1846)|
|Mother*||Mary Ross (c 1814 - 12 Jun 1895)|
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VQ7H-MJ7 : accessed 19 March 2015), Mary Mc Donald, 15 Aug 1842; citing , reference ; FHL microfilm 990,726, 990,727.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Drainie Moray, ED 4 page 20 Parish No 130. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Drainie Moray, ED 2 page 2 Reg No 130. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1895 Drainie Moray, 130/00 0044 aged 83
. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1896 Drainie Moray, 130/00 0025.