Margaret McGrath was born on 1 Mar 1882 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England.1
She was the daughter of James McGrath and Margaret Clare.
Margaret McGrath was baptised on 8 Mar 1882 in St Peters Priory, Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
Born: 1 March 1882
Baptised: 8 March 1882
Parents: Jacobi & Margaritae McGarth (Clare)
Godmother: Margareta McGrath.2,3
Margaret appeared on the 1891 English Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of James McGrath at 28 Pitt Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRATH James, Head, M, 39, Green Fruit Business, own means, Liverpool
McGRATH Margaret, Wife, M, 33, Liverpool
McGRATH Mary A, Dau, Single, 16, At Home, Liverpool
McGRATH James, Son, Single, 14, Cart Driver, Liverpool
McGRATH Margaret, Dau, 9, Liverpool
McGRATH Francis, Son, 1, Liverpool.4
Margaret witnessed the marriage of Charles Hawkins and Sarah McGrath on 3 Feb 1901 St Peters Chapel, Liverpool, Lancashire, England.2,5
Margaret appeared on the 1901 English Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of James McGrath at 28 Pitt Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRATH James, Head, M, 44, Horse Dealer ( Groom Stable), own account, Liverpool
McGRATH Margaret, Wife, M, 42, Fruit Shopkeeper, own account at home, Liverpool
McGRATH James, Son, Single, 23, Carter, employer, Liverpool
McGRATH Margaret, Dau, Single, 19, Liverpool
McGRATH Francis, Son, Single, 10, Liverpool
McGRATH Teresa, Dau, 7, Liverpool.6
Margaret McGrath became the godmother at Margaret Alice Hawkins's baptism on 24 Nov 1901 St Vincent de Paul, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
Margarita Alicia Hawkins
Born 10 Nov 1901
Baptised: 24 Nov 1901
Parents: Caroli et Sara Hawkins MS McGrath
by me: Jacobi Walsh & Miss Coad
Godfather: Michael Hyland
Godmother: Margarita McGrath
(25 Fisher Street)
Ipea: June 16 1934, mat contsonium, Gululmo Atkinson in ?? St Joseph Rockampton. Witness Cyril Johnson & Frances Hawkins.2,7
Margaret McGrath married Leo Mackey in 1906 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England.8
As of 1906,her married name was Mackey.
Margaret appeared on the 1911 English Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Leo Mackey at 33 Fisher Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
MACKEY Leo, Head, 34, Married, Brazier & Sheet Metal Worker, Worker, Liverpool Lancashire
MACKEY Margaret, Wife, 29, Married, Married 5 years, 3 children born and 3 Children living, Liverpool Lancashire
MACKEY Lillian Francis, Dau, 4, Liverpool
MACKEY Joseph, Son, 3, Liverpool
MACKEY Austin, Son, 1, Liverpool.9
Margaret appeared on the 1939 UK Register of 29 Sep 1939 at 33 Fisher Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, also listed in the household was Lilian, Sidney, Austin and Joseph ;
MACKEY Margaret, Widow, 1 March 1882, Unpaid Domesitc Duties
MACKEY Lilian, Single, 2 Oct 1907, Ironer laundry (DOB should be 21 Oct 1906)
MACKEY Sidney, Single, 17 May 1914, Scaffoder, Ships
MACKEY Austin, Widower, 11 Dec 1909, Seaman, Deck Hand
MACKEY Joseph, Single, 28 Feb 1908, Town House Carter.10
Margaret died in 1952 at Liverpool North, Lancashire, England, at age 69 years.11
Margaret was buried on 29 Sep 1952 at Ford Cemetery, Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
9 Janet Street, 7
Children of Margaret McGrath and Leo Mackey
|Father||James McGrath (4 May 1850 - )|
|Mother||Margaret Clare (13 Oct 1857 - 1901)|
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1882 June Qtr, Liverpool Lancashire, Vol 8b Page 107, Mothers Maiden Name - CLARE.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S54] Old Church Records, Parish Registers, Various Repositories, 1882 St Peters Priory, Liverpool, Lancashire, RC Baptisms, via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as Parish Registers.
- [S74] 1891 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 Lancashire, Liverpool, St Thomas, District 2, RG 12/2910 page 27. Hereinafter cited as 1891 English Census.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1901 March Qtr, Liverpool Lancashire, Vol 8b Page 156.
- [S65] 1901 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 31 March 1901), 1901 Liverpool St Thomas, Lancashire, District 1, RG 13/3414 page 22. Hereinafter cited as 1901 English Census.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , 1901 Liverpool England, Catholic Baptism, 1802 - 1906 - St Vincent de Paul. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1906 June Qtr, Liverpool Lancashire, Vol 8b Page 218.
- [S128] PRO England, 1911 English Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Toxteth Park Liverpool Lancashire,. Hereinafter cited as 1911 English Census.
- [S233] TNA England, 1939 UK Register (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 29 Sept 1939), 1939 Toxeth Park Liverpool Lancashire,. Hereinafter cited as 1939 UK Register.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1952 Sept Qtr, Liverpool North Lancashire, Vol 10d page 173, Aged 72.
- [S21] Church Registers: 1952 Ford Cemetery Liverpool Catholic Burials, 1813 - 1988 - Sept 29 - Grave No AB761.