Mary Ann McGrath
Mary Ann McGrath was born on 29 Mar 1875 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
Registered under surname of McGRAD
Mother Maiden Name is CLARE.1
She was the daughter of James McGrath and Margaret Clare.
Mary Ann McGrath was baptised on 8 Apr 1875 in Maria de Monte Carmelia, Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
(Our Lady of the Mount Carmel)
Maria Anna McGrah
Born: 29 March 1875
Baptised: 4 April 1875
Parents: Jacobi & Margarita McGrah (Clare)
Godfather: Jacobus Boyne
Godmother: Mararita McGrah.2,3
Mary appeared on the 1881 English Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of James McGrath at 15 Forrest Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRATH James, Head, Mar, 30, Cab Driver, Liverpool, Lancashire
McGRATH Margaret, Wife, Mar, 26, Liverpool, Lancashire
McGRATH Mary A, Daur, Un, 6, Scholar, Liverpool
McGRATH James, Son, 4, Liverpool
McGRATH Sarah, Daur, 2, Liverpool
McGRATH Joseph, Son, 1, Liverpool.4
Mary appeared on the 1891 English Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of James McGrath at 28 Pitt Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRATH James, Head, M, 39, Green Fruit Business, own means, Liverpool
McGRATH Margaret, Wife, M, 33, Liverpool
McGRATH Mary A, Dau, Single, 16, At Home, Liverpool
McGRATH James, Son, Single, 14, Cart Driver, Liverpool
McGRATH Margaret, Dau, 9, Liverpool
McGRATH Francis, Son, 1, Liverpool.5
Mary Ann McGrath married Joseph Burke on 7 Feb 1897 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
Father: Joseph Burke
Mary Ann McGrath
Father: James McGrath.6
As of 7 Feb 1897,her married name was Burke.
Mary appeared on the 1901 English Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Joseph Burke at 2 Court 2 House, Kelvington Place, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
BURKE Joseph, Head, Mar, 23, General labourer, Worker, Liverpool, Lancashire
BURKE Mary A, Wife, Mar, 21, Liverpool
BURKE Jane, Dau, 1, Liverpool.7
Mary appeared on the 1911 English Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Joseph Burke at 11 Maghull Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
BURKE Joseph, Head, 41, Carter, General Carrier, Worker, Liverpool Lancashire
BURKE Mary Ann, Wife, 34, Married 13 years, 7 Children born, 5 Living, 2 Deceased, Liverpool Lancashire
BURKE Jane, Daughter, 11, School, Liverpool
BURKE Eileen, Daughter, 10, School, Liverpool
BURKE Joseph, Son, 4, Liverpool
BURKE James E, Son, 2, Liverpool
BURKE John, Son, 3mths, Liverpool.8
Mary appeared on the 1939 UK Register of 29 Sep 1939 at 39 Shaws Alley, Liver Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, also listed in the household was Joseph and John ;
BURKE Mary A, Widow, Born 29 March 1875, Unpaid Domestic Duties
BURKE Joseph, Single, 23 March 1907, Able Seaman
BURKE John, Single, 11 Dec 1911 (sic should be 1910), General labourer.9
Mary died in 1957 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England, at age 81 years
Mary A Burke
(There is also another Mary A Burke approx same age also died 1957, Barton Lancashire.)10
Children of Mary Ann McGrath and Joseph Burke
|Father||James McGrath (4 May 1850 - )|
|Mother||Margaret Clare (13 Oct 1857 - 1901)|
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1875 June Qtr, West Derby and Toxteth Park, Liverpool, Lancashire, Vol 8B Page 256 - Mother Maiden Name CLARE.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S54] Old Church Records, Parish Registers, Various Repositories, 1875 Maria de Monte Carmeli (Our Lady of Mount Carmel), Liverpool, Lancashire, RC Baptisms, via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as Parish Registers.
- [S80] 1881 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 3 April 1881), 1881 Lancashire, Liverpool, St Thomas, District 2, RG 11/3615 page 43. Hereinafter cited as 1881 English Census.
- [S74] 1891 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 Lancashire, Liverpool, St Thomas, District 2, RG 12/2910 page 27. Hereinafter cited as 1891 English Census.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NNS6-HDL : 10 December 2014), Joseph Burke and Mary Ann Mcgrath, 07 Feb 1897; citing Liverpool, Lancashire, England, reference it 2, p 229, no 458; FHL microfilm 1,656,690.
- [S65] 1901 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 31 March 1901), 1901 St Thomas Liverpool Lancashire, RG 13/3414 Page 26. Hereinafter cited as 1901 English Census.
- [S128] PRO England, 1911 English Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Abercromby Liverpool, Lancashire,. Hereinafter cited as 1911 English Census.
- [S233] TNA England, 1939 UK Register (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 29 Sept 1939), 1939 Liverpool CB, Lancashire Ref: RG101/4333A/010/24. Hereinafter cited as 1939 UK Register.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1957 March Qtr, Liverpool S, Lancashire, Vol 10d Page 505 - Aged 81.