Teresa McGrath was born on 3 Sep 1891 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England.1
She was the daughter of James McGrath and Margaret Clare.
Teresa appeared on the 1901 English Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of James McGrath at 28 Pitt Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRATH James, Head, M, 44, Horse Dealer ( Groom Stable), own account, Liverpool
McGRATH Margaret, Wife, M, 42, Fruit Shopkeeper, own account at home, Liverpool
McGRATH James, Son, Single, 23, Carter, employer, Liverpool
McGRATH Margaret, Dau, Single, 19, Liverpool
McGRATH Francis, Son, Single, 10, Liverpool
McGRATH Teresa, Dau, 7, Liverpool.2
Teresa appeared on the 1911 English Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Margaret McGrath at 28 Pitt Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
Mc GRATH Margaret, Head, 50, Single, no children, Dealer, Shopkeeper, Fruit, Own Account, At Home, Liverpool Lancashire, British
Mc GRATH James, Brother, 58, Widower, Dealer, Horse, Own Acc, Liverpool Lancashire
Mc GRATH John, Brother, 66, Single, no children, Dealer, Horse, own Acc, Liverpool Lancashire
Mc GRATH Francis, Nephew, 21, Single, Motor Mechanic, Motor, Own Acc, Liverpool Lancashire
Mc GRATH Teresa, Niece, 19, Single, Domestic, House, Own Acc, At Home, Liverpool Lancashire.3
Teresa McGrath married Joseph Edwin Sloan in 1918 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
Teresa McGrath to Joseph E Sloan.4
As of 1918,her married name was Sloan.
Teresa Sloan recorded Margaret McGrath's death on 12 Oct 1934 St Augustine's Home, Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
At St Augustine's Home, from 28 Pitt Street
Spinister, Aged 72
Greengrocery Shopkeeper (formerly)
Daughter of Joseph McGrath, Cab Proprietor (deceased)
T Sloan, Niece, 3 Britannia Avenue was the informant.5,6
Teresa appeared on the 1939 UK Register of 29 Sep 1939 in the household of Joseph Edwin Sloan at 3 Britannia Avenue, Liverpool, Lancashire;
SLOAN Joseph E, 28 Jan 1891, Mar, Motor Driver Salesman, Cleaners Dyers
SLOAN Teresa, 3 Sept 1891, Mar, Unpaid Domestic Duties
SLOAN ? - still living.7
Teresa Sloan was the administrator of Joseph Edwin Sloan's estate on 3 Dec 1945 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
SLOAN Joseph Edwin
of 8 Britannia Avenue, Liverpool 5, died 7 August 1945. Administration (with Will), Liverpool, 3 December to Teresa Sloan, Widow.
Effects £523 18s 5d.8
Teresa died in 1957 at Liverpool South, Lancashire, England, at age 65 years.9
would like contact with family members.
|Father||James McGrath (4 May 1850 - )|
|Mother||Margaret Clare (13 Oct 1857 - 1901)|
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1891 Dec Qtr,Liverpool Lancashire, Vol 8b Page 74 - Mother Maiden Name - Clare.
- [S65] 1901 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 31 March 1901), 1901 Liverpool St Thomas, Lancashire, District 1, RG 13/3414 page 22. Hereinafter cited as 1901 English Census.
- [S128] PRO England, 1911 English Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Liverpool Lancashire RG14PN22203 RG78PN1313 RD453 SD3 ED29 SN90 Mc Grath. Hereinafter cited as 1911 English Census.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1918 June Qtr, Liverpool Lancashire, Vol 8B Page 89.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1934 Dec Qtr, Toxteth Park, Liverpool South, Lancashire, 8B 108, aged 72.
- [S233] TNA England, 1939 UK Register (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 29 Sept 1939), 1939 Liverpool CB Lancashire, RG101/4366A/005/43. Hereinafter cited as 1939 UK Register.
- [S132] England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Adminstrations) 1858-1966, 1945 Enlgand and Wales, Natinal Probate Calendar - Page 252, Ancestry.co.uk.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1957 March Qtr, Liverpool South, Lancashire, Vol 10d Page 632, aged 65.