Joseph McGraw was born on 19 Apr 1842 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England.
He was the son of Joseph McGraw and Margaret Freel.
Joseph McGraw was baptised on 24 Apr 1842 in St Peters Priory, Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
Baptised 24 April 1842
Born 18 April
Joseph McGreal (sic)
Parents: Joseph & Margaret McGreal
Godftaher: John Devlin
Godmother: Marg or Mary King.1,2
Joseph appeared on the 1851 English Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Joseph McGraw at Forrest Street, No 2 Court, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRAW Joseph, Head, M, 45, Dock Labourer, Ireland
McGRAW Margaret, Wife, M, 40, Ireland
McGRAW Edward, Son, Un, 12, St Thomas School, Liverpool
McGRAW Joseph, Son, Un, 9, St Thomas School, Liverpool
McGRAW John, Son, Un, 5, Pitt St School, Liverpool
McGRAW James, Son, Un, 10mths, Liverpool.3
Joseph appeared on the 1861 English Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Joseph McGraw at 1 Forrest Court, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRAW Joseph, Head, M, 49, Dock Labourer, Ireland
McGRAW Margaret, Wife, M, 43, Ireland
McGRAW Joseph, Son, Un, 18, Dock Labourer, Liverpool, Lancashire
McGRAW John, Son, Un, 14, Carter, Liverpool, Lancashire
McGRAW James, Son, 10, Scholar, Liverpool, Lancahsire
McGRAW Margaret, Dau, 7, Scholar, Liverpool, Lancashire.4
Joseph McGraw was also known as Joseph McGrath.
Joseph died on 26 Dec 1863 at Southern Hospital, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, at age 21 years, 8 months and 7 days
Labourer, Aged 22
Information recieved from P F Curry, Coroner for Liverpool.
Inquest held, 29th December 1863.1,5
Joseph's cause of death on 26 Dec 1863 was from Stabbed in the left groin
Wilful Murder, against Narisso Vrumea.
Post Mortem Conducted.
An Inquest into the death of Joseph was held on 29 Dec 1863 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England.
|Father||Joseph McGraw (c 1806 - 17 Oct 1884)|
|Mother||Margaret Freel (c 1818 - 7 Apr 1867)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S54] Old Church Records, Parish Registers, Various Repositories, St Peters Priory, Liverpool, Lancashire Catholic Baptisms 1802 - 1906, via Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as Parish Registers.
- [S81] 1851 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 30 March 1851), 1851 Liverpool Vol 21, Pitt St & Gt George Wards, HO 107/2181 Section 2 Folio No 253 (page 00486) St Thomas District 1a, recorded as surname of NEGRAW. Hereinafter cited as 1851 English Census.
- [S30] 1861 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 7 April 1861), 1861 St Thomas Liverpool, Lancashire, District 3d, RG 9/2674, page 34. Hereinafter cited as 1861 English Census.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1863 Dec Qtr, Liverpool Lancashire, Vol 8b Page 165 - Aged 22.