Jessie Morton was born on 19 Jun 1883 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Parents: Jessie & Adam Morton.1
Jessie Morton married George Henry Henry on 12 Nov 1902 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
George Henry Junior to Jessie Morton.2
As of 12 Nov 1902,her married name was Henry.
Jessie died on 10 Jul 1915 at Dunedin Hospital, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 32 years and 21 days
Jessie's death notice appeared on 10 Jul 1915 in the "Evening Star", New Zealand ,
On July 10, at the Dunedin Hospital, Jessie, the beloved wife of George Henry, of Mount Cargill; aged 32 years.
The Friends of Mr George Henry are respectfully invited to attend the Funeral of his late Wife, Jessie, which will pass Mount Cargill on Tuesday, the 13th inst, about 12.30, and the Waitati School about 1.30 pm, for the Blueskin Cemetery.
AJ Wynn and Hope,
Undertakers, 36 St Andrew Street.4
Jessie was buried on 13 Jul 1915 at Waitati Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
(also with Jessie is an 11yrs old Harry Souness, who died 14 Dec 1890 - may be related to Jessie's Morton family.)5
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1883 NZ Online Database: 1883/12994. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1902 NZ Online Database: 1902/6251.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1915 NZ Online Database: 1915/6936 - 32 years.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Evening Start Newspaper - Dunedin - Issue 15852 Page 6 10 July 1915. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin Online Cemetery Database: Waitati Cemetery, Block 3 Plot 2. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.