Jane Isabella Scott
Jane Isabella Scott was born on 20 Mar 1899 at Nevis, Otago, New Zealand ,
Jane Isabella Scott
Father: Charles Scott, Coal Merchant, 32, Born Inverness Scotland
Mother: Jane Scott MS Elliot, 32,
Born Five Rivers Southland
Married: 1 August 1888, Nevis
Informant: James Dale, Agent duly authorised in writing by Mother, Cromwell.1,2
She was the daughter of Charles Gillanders Scott and Jane Elliot.
Jane posed for a photo c 1903, would have been taken in either Nevis or Cromwell.
Jane Isabella and Annie Euphemia Scott.
Jane posed for a photo c 1916, would have been taken in either Nevis or Cromwell.
Mary Gillanders and Jane Isabella Scott.
Jane Isabella Scott married John Mafeking Clark, son of Edward Joseph McGraw/ Clark and Esther Kemp, on 29 Dec 1926 at Presbyterian Church, St Kilda, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
John Mafeking Clark,
Aged 26, Carpenter, Bachelor,
Born Port Chalmers
Ususal Res: Kyeburn,
Parents: Edward Clark, Boilermaker & Esther Clark MS Kemp
Jane Isabella Scott,
Aged 27, Spinster,
Ususal Res: Waipiata,
Parents: Charles Scott, Coal Merchant & Jane Scott MS Elliot
Witnesses: Albert Edward Toms, 7 Coughtey St, St Clair & Annie Euphemia Scott, 7 Coughtey St, St Clair.1,3
As of 29 Dec 1926,her married name was Jean Clark.
Jane and Jack Clark lived at Ranfurly, Otago, New Zealand , in 1927.
Jane and Jack Clark lived at 7 Bradshaw St, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , c 1930.
In Jan 1968 Jane and Jack of 7 Bradshaw St, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
organised a Family Reunion.
It was the first time in 10 years that all the family members were together along with the grandchildren.
Tony, Eric, Pop, Shirley, Ailsa, Paula, Huia
Gavin, Nan holding Mia, Pamela, Patrick
Jean died on 5 Oct 1968 at Public Hospital, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 69 years, 6 months and 15 days
Jane Isabella Clark,
Married, Aged 69
From 7 Bradshaw St, Dunedin
Father: Charles Scott, Coalmerchant
Mother: Jane Scott MS Elliot.
Born: Dunedin, in NZ 69yrs
Married: Dunedin, aged 27 to John Mafeking Clark
Living Issue: M: 40, 38, 34 F: 31, 29.1,4
Jean's cause of death on 5 Oct 1968 was from Intracerebral Haemorrhage -3 hours.
Jean's death notice appeared on 7 Oct 1968 in the "Otago Daily Times", New Zealand ,
CLARK Jane Isabella
On Oct 5 1968 (Suddenly) at Dunedin, dearly beloved wife of John Clark, 7 Bradshaw St, South Dunedin and loved mother of Jack (Lower Hutt), Murrary, Gordon, Alison (Mrs Burrow), Judith (Mrs Hutana, Christchurch) and loved Nan of all her grandchildren
The Funeral service will be held at the Anderson's Bay Crematorium, Tomorrow (Tuesday) Oct 8, commencing at 2.15pm
Gillions and Sons Ltd, Funeral Director.5
Jean was cremated on 8 Oct 1968 at Anderson's Bay Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Ashes scattered 9 Oct 1968,
From top of St Kilda Beach.6
Children of Jane Isabella Scott and John Mafeking Clark
|Father||Charles Gillanders Scott (12 Jul 1866 - 2 Jun 1923)|
|Mother||Jane Elliot (6 Sep 1866 - 10 Jan 1903)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1899 NZ Online Database: 1899/12236 - 1899 Folio No 2055, June Qtr -. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1926 NZ Online Database: 1926/10857 - 1926 Folio No 9414.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1968 NZ Online Database: 1968/39101 - Aged 69 - 1968 Folio No 5673, aged 69.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Otago Daily Times, 7 Oct 1968, Pg 3, as sited at Dunedin Library, 31 May 2013. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: Andersons Bay Crematorium - Ashes Returned to Funeral Director 9 Oct 1968 - Family then scattered Ashes. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.