Alice Clark was born on 5 May 1893 at 7 Currie Street, Port Chalmers, Otago, New Zealand .1
She was the daughter of Edward Joseph McGraw/ Clark and Esther Kemp.
Alice Clark married William Martin on 22 Feb 1947 at Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand ,
Present at the Wedding were her brother John M Clark and May Church.2
As of 22 Feb 1947,her married name was Martin.
Alice was present on the 1949 Electoral Roll Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , in the household of William Martin.
MARTIN William, 143 Surrey Street, South Dunedin, bassfinisher
MARTIN Alice, 143 Surrey Street, South Dunedin, married.3
Alice was listed as a beneficiary in Sarah Ireland's will on 30 Nov 1956 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Will was dated 19th September 1955, Dunedin
The Public Trustee was the executor and Affidavits by Alexander Bell and John McMillan
there was also a Codical dated 25th November 1955.
Estate sworn under £ 1,010.4
Alice died on 25 Nov 1975 at Public Hospital, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 82 years, 6 months and 20 days
Widow aged 82, DOB 5 May 1893
From 143 Surrey St, Dunedin
Born: Port Chalmers
Parents: Edward Clark, Boiler Maker & Esther Clark MS Kemp
Married at Wellington, aged 54 to William Martin
Living Issue: None.5,6
Alice's cause of death on 25 Nov 1975 was from Congestive Heart Failure 3 ½ days
Following Disobliteration Femoral and Popliteal Artery
Severe Vascular Atheroma.
Alice's death notice appeared on 26 Nov 1975 in the "Otago Daily Times", New Zealand ,
of 143 Surrey Street. On Nov 25 1975 at Dunedin, dearly loved wife of the late William, loved stepmother of Ettie (Mrs E O Smith, Christchurch) and loved sister of James Clark (Otahuhu), Lillian (Mrs Gooch, Dunedin) and Leonard Clark ( Auckland)
The Funeral Service will be held in our chapel 407 Hillside Road, Tomorrow (Thursday) Nov 27 at 2pm.
No flowers by request.
Messages to 46 Playfair Street
Gillions and Son Ltd, Funeral Director.7
Alice was cremated on 27 Nov 1975 at Anderson's Bay Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Ashes Burial: With William and Jessie Martin.8
Family: Alice Clark and William Martin
|Father||Edward Joseph McGraw/ Clark (4 Dec 1863 - 2 Oct 1940)|
|Mother||Esther Kemp (14 Jun 1866 - 27 Jul 1923)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1893 NZ Online Database: 1893/9135 - 1893 Folio No 2140, June Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1947 Folio No 1773.
- [S6] Elections, Electoral Roll (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1853 - 1967), 1949 NZ Electoral Roll, Mornington Dunedin. Hereinafter cited as Electoral Roll.
- [S40] Probate NZ, Supreme Court of Otago, Dunedin registry, No 1020/56, Housed at National Archives New Zealand.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1975 NZ Online Database: 1975/47882 - DOB 5 May 1893- 1975 Folio No 21777, aged 82.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Otago Daily Times, 26 Nov 1975 pg 3, as sited at Dunedin Library 31 May 2013. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: Andersons Bay Cemetery - Family Plot Interment, Block 42 Plot 13. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.