Alister Murray Melvin Clark
Alister Murray Melvin Clark was born on 10 Oct 1929 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .1
He was the son of John Mafeking Clark and Jane Isabella Scott.
Alister Murray Melvin Clark was also known as Murray Clark.
Murray's occupation Factory Worker at Cadbury Fry Hudsons where he had worked for many years.
And I remember the Mars Bars he brought up to us when he visited us in Lower Hutt.
As of 1995, Murray lived at 26 Knox Street, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ;
This was the time period when Murray was finding himself and changed his name to Mario. Which rather suited him.
He had always thought he should have been a girl, he thought his mother dressed him in girls clothes at a young age, and had wanted a girl when he was born.(this was still a time when children were dressed in easy access clothes like girls). Murray was bi-sexual while he was discovering himself.
He was still my very much my loved Uncle Murray no matter what.
Murray died on 25 Aug 2004 at Leith House Rest Home, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 74 years, 10 months and 15 days
Murray Alastair Melvin Clark,
Beneficiary, Aged 74
Leith House Hospital, 1027 George Street, Dunedin
Born 10 Oct 1929
Parents: Jane Isabella Clark MS Scott and John Mafeking Clark, Shipwright.
Stated Never Married, but this is incorrect, as informant did not know the details.2,3
Murray's cause of death on 25 Aug 2004 was from Cerebral Embolus 10 mins
Ischaemic Heart Disease 5 years
Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease 8 years.
Murray was cremated on 27 Aug 2004 at Anderson's Bay Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Ashes scattered out over from top of St Kilda Beach later in the year after the cremation.
Present were: Alison, Gordon, June Faid, and friends of Murray; Graham, Evan and Kay.4
Murray's death notice appeared on 28 Aug 2004 in the "Otago Daily Times", New Zealand ,
CLARK, Alastair Murray Melvin (Murray),
- On August 25, 2004, at Leith House Rest Home; aged 74 years. Second son of the late Jack and Jean Clark (late of 7 Bradshaw Street, South Dunedin), brother of Gordon Clark (Port Chalmers), Alison Burrow (Dunedin) and Judith Hutana (Invercargill), and the late Jack, also a loved uncle of Ailsa and his many nieces and nephews, good friend of June Faid, Graham McLean, Evan and Kay, and all his friends at Leith House. Many thanks to all the staff at Leith House who cared for him.
At Murray's request a private cremation has been held.
Gillions Funeral Services. FDANZ Griefcare.5
|Father||John Mafeking Clark (17 May 1900 - 25 Jun 1969)|
|Mother||Jane Isabella Scott (20 Mar 1899 - 5 Oct 1968)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1929 Folio No 6791, Dec Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 2004 NZ Online NZ Database: 2004/20233 - DOB 10 Oct 1929 - Recorded as Murray Alastair Melvin.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: Andersons Bay Cemetery - Cremation - Ashes Reutrned to Funeral Director 30 Aug 2004. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Otago Daily Times, Dunedin 28 Aug 2004 as held on file. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.