Lilian Mary Clark
Lilian Mary Clark was born on 9 Apr 1871 at Taiaroa Heads Lighthouse, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Parents: Harriet and James Clark
always known as Mary.1
She was the daughter of Edward McGraw/ James Clark and Harriett Jubber.
Lilian Mary Clark was also known as Mary Lillian Clark.
Mary witnessed the marriage of Fred Valentine Fail and Eliza Ann Clark on 8 Jul 1896 Congregational Church, Moray Place, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .2,3
Mary's occupation was a Dressmaker and she was also a Boarding House Keeper after her Mother passed away.
Mary died on 3 Jun 1957 at 5 Currie Street, Port Chalmers, Otago, New Zealand , at age 86 years, 1 month and 25 days
Mary Lillian Clark
Dunedin Cemeteries state date of death and burial as the 3 June 1957.4
Mary's cause of death on 3 Jun 1957 was from Coronary Thrombosis.
Mary was buried on 4 Jun 1957 at New Port Chalmers Cemetery, Port Chalmers, Otago, New Zealand ,
buried in the plot are
CLARK Mary Lilian
CHISHOLM Brenda Tui
CLARK Margaret Harriet
FAIL Eliza Ann
As a child she was boarded at Mrs Shadford's in Port Chalmers so she could attend school. She was kept back from school on Fridays so she could black the coal range.
She had a reputation for being delicate. As a young women she spent some time in a sanatorium near Palmerston most likely with TB.
After her sister Emily died, she never cried again.
She was very keen on horse racing and used to attend race meetings with her sister Eliza. Mag would look after the boarders on these occasions.
In her later years she lived in a couple of rooms upstairs in the family home.
After her death the family home was demolished by the Port Chalmers Council and all the family photo albums and associated memorabilia were destroyed in the operation.
|Father||Edward McGraw/ James Clark (12 Jan 1839 - 23 May 1883)|
|Mother||Harriett Jubber (8 Jun 1835 - 21 Oct 1914)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1871 NZ Online Database: 1871/35092 - 1871 Folio No 1219 -. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1896 NZ Online Database: 1896/2408 - 1896 Folio No 3186.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1957 NZ Online Database: 1957/26505 aged 86yr - 1957 Folio No 2226.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: New Port Chalmers Cemetery, Upper Oval, Block UO Plot 332, NSG S07.22. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.