Margaret Freel was born c 1818 at Ireland
1841 Census indicates C1817
1851 Census indicates C1811
1861 Census indicates C1818
1867 Death aged 47 indicates C1820
(from 1811 - 1820.)
Margaret Freel married Joseph McGraw c 1838 at Ireland
marriage could be England or Ireland
Have not located anything as of todays date. May 2017.
As of c 1838,her married name was McGraw.
Margaret appeared on the 1841 English Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of Joseph McGraw at Park Lane, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
MAGRAY Joseph, 30, Labourer, Ireland
MAGRAY Margaret, 24, Ireland
MAGRAY Edward, 2, Born in county Yes
MAGRAY Patrick, 20, Ireland.1
Margaret appeared on the 1851 English Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Joseph McGraw at Forrest Street, No 2 Court, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRAW Joseph, Head, M, 45, Dock Labourer, Ireland
McGRAW Margaret, Wife, M, 40, Ireland
McGRAW Edward, Son, Un, 12, St Thomas School, Liverpool
McGRAW Joseph, Son, Un, 9, St Thomas School, Liverpool
McGRAW John, Son, Un, 5, Pitt St School, Liverpool
McGRAW James, Son, Un, 10mths, Liverpool.2
Margaret appeared on the 1861 English Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Joseph McGraw at 1 Forrest Court, Liverpool, Lancashire, England;
McGRAW Joseph, Head, M, 49, Dock Labourer, Ireland
McGRAW Margaret, Wife, M, 43, Ireland
McGRAW Joseph, Son, Un, 18, Dock Labourer, Liverpool, Lancashire
McGRAW John, Son, Un, 14, Carter, Liverpool, Lancashire
McGRAW James, Son, 10, Scholar, Liverpool, Lancahsire
McGRAW Margaret, Dau, 7, Scholar, Liverpool, Lancashire.3
Margaret Freel was also known as Margaret McGrath.
Margaret died on 7 Apr 1867 at 2 Court, Forrest Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
Female, 47 years
Wife of Joseph McGrath, Dock labourer
Informant: X the mark of Joseph McGrath, Present at the Death
2 Court, Forrest Street, Liverpool.4,5
Margaret's cause of death on 7 Apr 1867 was from Phthisis (TB.)
Margaret was buried on 9 Apr 1867 at Anfield Cemetery, Roman Catholic Ground, Toxeth Park, Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
2 Court Forrest Street, Liverpool
Ceremony Preformed by Rvd Robert Bridges
Registrar was Geo Turvey.6
Children of Margaret Freel and Joseph McGraw
- [S26] 1841 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 6 June 1841), 1841 Lancashire, Liverpool, St Thomas, HO 107/ 566/ 22 pg 36. Hereinafter cited as 1841 English Census.
- [S81] 1851 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 30 March 1851), 1851 Liverpool Vol 21, Pitt St & Gt George Wards, HO 107/2181 Section 2 Folio No 253 (page 00486) St Thomas District 1a, recorded as surname of NEGRAW. Hereinafter cited as 1851 English Census.
- [S30] 1861 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 7 April 1861), 1861 St Thomas Liverpool, Lancashire, District 3d, RG 9/2674, page 34. Hereinafter cited as 1861 English Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1867 June Qtr, Liverpool, Lancashire, 8b 93, 47yr old, St Thomas.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , Anfield Cemetery RC Ground, Toxeth Park, Liverpool 1867.
Folio 283; Running No 5641; Burial Public Grave; Section 10; Grave No 622
352 CEM 6/3/1 (Class No Library Ref No). Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.