Joyce Gooch was born on 17 May 1922 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .1
She was the daughter of Louis Cyril Hislop Gooch and Lilly Clark.
Joyce Gooch married Douglas James Henry, son of George Henry Henry and Margaret Harris, on 14 Nov 1945 at First Presbyterian Church, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand .2
As of 14 Nov 1945,her married name was Henry.
Joyce was listed as a beneficiary in Sarah Ireland's will on 30 Nov 1956 at Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Will was dated 19th September 1955, Dunedin
The Public Trustee was the executor and Affidavits by Alexander Bell and John McMillan
there was also a Codical dated 25th November 1955.
Estate sworn under £ 1,010.3
Joyce Henry was the executor of Douglas James Henry's estate on 19 Jul 1978 at Dunedin High Court, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
HENRY Douglas James
Executor granted to Joyce Henry
Will dated 31st July 1951.4
Joyce died on 21 Sep 2004 at 56 Somerville Street, Anderson's Bay, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand , at age 82 years, 4 months and 4 days.5
Joyce's death notice appeared on 25 Sep 2004 in the "Otago Daily Times", New Zealand ,
On September 21, 2004, suddenly, at home; aged 82 years. Dearly loved wife of the late Doug, dearly loved and loving mother and mother-in-law of James and Margaret and the late Adele, loved Grandma of Geri and Great-grandma of Lachlan and Sean, a special friend of Gilbert Marshall.
"She lived for those she loved and those she loved remember". -
A service for Joyce will be held in Hope and Sons Chapel, corner of Andersons Bay Road and Oxford Stret, at 10am, on Saturday, September 25.
The funeral then leaving for the Andersons Bay Cemetery.
Messages to 56 Somerville Street, Dunedin.
Hope and Sons Ltd, FDANZ Griefcare.
HENRY, Joyce. -
Loved only sister of Ray and sister-in-law of Shirley Gooch, devoted Auntie of Ron, Barry, Wendy, Robyn, Wayne, Tracie and the late Lindsay and their families. " A kind, considerate lady."
Much loved and sadly missed.6
Joyce was buried on 25 Sep 2004 at Anderson's Bay Cemetery, Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand ,
Buried in same plot as Douglas and Adele.7
Children of Joyce Gooch and Douglas James Henry
|Father||Louis Cyril Hislop Gooch (17 Oct 1889 - 21 Jul 1968)|
|Mother||Lilly Clark (7 Jun 1891 - 5 Jul 1989)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 1922 Folio No 3510, June Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1945 Folio No 13843.
- [S40] Probate NZ, Supreme Court of Otago, Dunedin registry, No 1020/56, Housed at National Archives New Zealand.
- [S40] Probate NZ , Dunedin Archives, Item ID R14715398, Record No 427/78, photographed 21 July 2016.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 2004 NZ Online Database: 2004/ 23437 DOB 17 May 1922.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Otago Daily Times, Dunedin 23 & 25 Sept 2004 - copies given to me.. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Dunedin City Council Online Database: Andersons Bay Cemetery, Block 204. Plot 70. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.