Charles Hawkins was born on 25 Dec 1877 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
Parents: Charles Hawkins
Date of Birth taken from the UK Register of 1939, as well as year of birth fitting with all Marriage and Census records
( I cannot locate Charles's birth/baptism record under any surname at this stage. I suspect that it may be under his Mothers Surname of which I have no idea of who his Mother is at this stage. Perhaps she did not marry his father, as also cannot locate him on any Census regarding the surname of Hawkins or various spellings. Need to consider further research to find his correct birth name, as at May 2017.)
Charles Hawkins married Sarah McGrath, daughter of James McGrath and Margaret Clare, on 3 Feb 1901 at St Peters Chapel, Liverpool, Lancashire, England,
Married in the St Peters Chapel according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Catholic Church by Certificate by me, John F Carew
Aged 23, Bachelor, Master Carters Runner
Res: 36a St James Street, Liverpool
Father: Charles Hawkins, Carter
Aged 22yrs, Spinster
Res: 32 Pitt Street, Liverpool
Father: James McGrath, Horse Dealer
Both Charles and Sarah signed
Witnesses: Joseph Stokes & Maggie McGrath.1,2
Charles appeared on the 1901 English Census of 31 Mar 1901 at 20 Pitt Street, St Thomas, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, also listed in the household was Sarah ;
HAWKINS Charles, Head, Mar, 23, Master Carters Runner, Worker, Liverpool Lancashire
HAWKINS Sarah, Wife, Mar, 22, Liverpool Lancashire.3
Charles appeared on the 1911 English Census of 2 Apr 1911 at 21 Dickinson Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, also listed in the household was Sarah, Margaret, Lilian, Doris, James and Marian ;
HAWKINS Charles, Head, 34, Mar, Foreman Carter, General Carting, Worker, From Home, Liverpool Lancashire
HAWKINS Sarah, Wife, 31, Mar, Married 10 years, 5 Children born and living, Liverpool Lancashire
HAWKINS Margaret, Dau, 9, Single, Liverpool
HAWKINS Lilian, Dau, 7, Single, Liverpool
HAWKINS Doris, Dau, 5, Single, Liverpool
HAWKINS James, Son, 3, Liverpool
HAWKINS Marion, Dau, 3mths, Liverpool.4
Charles appeared on the 1939 UK Register of 29 Sep 1939 at 34 Parliament Street, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, also listed in the household was Sarah and Frances ;
HAWKINS Charles, 25 Dec 1877, Mar, Trans and Trailerman, Heavy Worker
HAWKINS Sarah, 17 July 1878, Mar, Unpaid Domestic Duties
HAWKINS Francis, 16 May 1915, Single, Commission Agents Typist Clerk, Unemployed.5
Charles died in 1950 at Liverpool, Lancashire, England, at age 72 years
Children of Charles Hawkins and Sarah McGrath
- Margaret Alice Hawkins+ (10 Nov 1901 - 22 Apr 1995)
- Mary Lilian Hawkins+ (16 Sep 1903 - 25 Sep 1976)
- Doris Theresa Hawkins+ (18 Oct 1905 - Feb 1989)
- James Francis Hawkins (10 Mar 1908 - 1982)
- Marian Clare Hawkins+ (20 Dec 1910 - Jan 2001)
- Charles Henry Hawkins (1913 - 1913)
- Frances Hawkins (16 May 1915 - 3 Sep 1974)
- Joan Hawkins (1921 - 17 Oct 1929)
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1901 March Qtr, Liverpool Lancashire, Vol 8b Page 156.
- [S65] 1901 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 31 March 1901), 1901 St Thomas Liverpool Lancashire, RG 13/3414 Page 23. Hereinafter cited as 1901 English Census.
- [S128] PRO England, 1911 English Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Abercromby Liverpool Lancashire, RG14 22203-0033-03. Hereinafter cited as 1911 English Census.
- [S233] TNA England, 1939 UK Register (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 29 Sept 1939), 1939 UK Register - Liverppol CB Lancashire - RG101/4335F/002/21. Hereinafter cited as 1939 UK Register.
- [S78] England Civil Registration online BDM Indexes online, 1950 Dec Qtr, Liverpool North Lancashire, Vol 10d Page 179 - Aged 73.