Christian Robina Corlett
Christian Robina Corlett was born in 1874 at Andreas, Isle of Man.
She was the daughter of William Corlett and Elinor Cowley.
Christian Robina Corlett was baptised on 8 Mar 1874 in Andreas, Isle of Man,
William & Eleanor Corlett (Cowley)
Christian appeared on the 1881 Isle of Man Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of William Corlett at Ballagumell, Andreas, Isle of Man;
CORLETT William , Head, Mar, 55, Farmer 5 ½ acrea, Andreas
CORLETT Elleanor, Wife, Mar, 50, Farmers Wife, Jurby
CORLETT Mary A, Daur, 12, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Isabella J, Daur, 10, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Christian R, Daur, 7, Scholar, Andreas.4
Christian appeared on the 1891 Isle of Man Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of William Corlett at Ballagumell, Andreas, Isle of Man;
CORLETT William, Head, M, 65, Farmer, Andreas
CORLETT Eleanor, Wife, M, 60, Jurby
CORLETT Christian R, Daur, S, 18, Jurby.5
Christian Robina Corlett married Arthur Kneale, son of John Kneale and Elizabeth Skinner, on 3 Sep 1895 at Ramsey, Isle of Man.6
As of 3 Sep 1895,her married name was Kneale.
Christian appeared on the 1901 English Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of Arthur Kneale at 39 Bower Street, Oldham, Lancashire, England;
KNEALE Arthur, Head, M, 33, Gas Stoker, worker, Andreas Isle of Man
KNEALE Christian R, Wife, M, 27, at home, Andreas Isle of Man
MARR Alexander, Boarder, S, 29, Clothiers Assistant, worker, Aberdeen Scotland.7
Christian appeared on the 1911 English Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of Arthur Kneale at 34 Brackley Street, Oldham, Lancashire, England;
KNEALE Arthur, Head, 40, married, Gas Stoker, GasWorks Corporation, Worker, born Isle of Man
KNEALE Christian R, Wife, 37, married, 16yrs married, 2 children, 1 living, 1 deceased, born Isle of Man
CORLETT Ellenor, Mother, 80, widow, Isle of Man
KNEALE Vincent C, Son, 6, born Oldham, Lancashire.8
Christian was listed as a beneficiary in Eleanor Corlett's will on 13 May 1912 at Ramsey, Isle of Man,
Request for Probate to be granted was actioned by Petitioner William Craine of Glenauldyn in the parish of Lezayre, Builder and Elizabeth Catherine Craine his wife.9
Christian died on 19 Feb 1940 at Oldham, Lancashire, England, at age 66 years.10
Christian was buried on 24 Feb 1940 at Chadderton Cemetery, Oldham, Lancashire, England,
Consecutive No of Burial: 79201
Position and Number of grave: D6 59
Name: Christian Robina Kneale
Residence: 223 Greenacres Rd
Date of Death: 19 Feb 1940
Date of Burial: 24 Feb 1940
Cememony Performed by: H T Wilful
Class of Ground: Unconsecrated
Age: 65 yrs
Folio in Register of Grave: C 65
Christian is buried with her Mother and son Leonard Arthur, and two grandchildren both name Leonard Kneale as well as her husband sister Ann Jane Hartley.11
Christian Robina Kneale's estate was probated on 6 Dec 1956 at Manchester, Lancashire, England,
KNEALE Christian Robina
of 223 Greenacres-Road Oldham married woman died 19 Feb 1940 at The Municipal Hospital Oldham
Probate Manchester 6 December to Ellen Beaumont, widow. Effects £1339 3s 7d.12
Children of Christian Robina Corlett and Arthur Kneale
|Father*||William Corlett (1826 - 23 Jul 1899)|
|Mother*||Elinor Cowley (5 May 1831 - 26 Jan 1912)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Parish Register Transcripts of Andreas, 1649-1883- Andreas 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms March 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriages May 1849 - Nov 1883, Burials March 1849 - Dec 1883
Film No 106179 Item 2
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C035751.
- [S173] 1881 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 3 April 1881), 1881 IOM Andreas, RG11/ 5599 pg 12. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Isle of Man Census.
- [S174] 1891 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 IOM Andreas, RG12/4684 Pg 6. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Isle of Man Census.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, Lawsons BDM site, District Ramsey, Vol And, Pg 41. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S65] 1901 English Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 31 March 1901), 1901 Oldham Lancashire, RG 13/3816 pg 22. Hereinafter cited as 1901 English Census.
- [S128] PRO England, 1911 English Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Oldham Lancashire, RG14PN24439 RG78PN1403 RD469 SD1 ED1 SN98. Hereinafter cited as 1911 English Census.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: Will indexes via LawsonsBMD web site - 1912 - GB England - Ref 107 Film 0106572
Film viewed and copied 13 Sept 2013 at the Logan Central Library.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1940 March Qtr, Oldham Lancashire, 8d 2026, aged 65.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), England Lancashire, Oldham Cemetery Registers, 1797-2004, Chadderton
Burial Register, 1938-1941, pg 118 & 119 for the images.
- [S132] England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Adminstrations) 1858-1966, 1956 pg 132 - via Ancestry.co.uk, Ancestry.co.uk.