Eleanor Corlett was born on 7 Oct 1882 at Wainuiomata, Wellington, New Zealand ,
Parents: William Corlett, Plaster, 30, Isle of Man & Mary Ann Cowley, 29, Isle of Man - Married 29 May 1872 Isle of Man
William Corlett, father of the child, Waiuiomata was the informant.1,2
She was the daughter of William Corlett and Mary Anne Cowley.
Eleanor attended "Parkvale School", Carterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , on 17 Oct 1887
Parkvale School Carterton
Admission: 17 Oct 1887
Last Day: Dec 1887
DOB given as 6 yrs.3
As of 20 May 1904,her married name was Morris.
Eleanor Corlett married Joseph Morris on 20 May 1904 at Residence of William Corlett, Parkvale, Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand .4,5
Eleanor Morris was on the 1940 Directory.
Mrs Elnr Morris,Te Ore Ore, Masterton.6
Eleanor died on 2 Oct 1955 at Morris's Road, Te Ore Ore, Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , at age 72 years, 11 months and 25 days
Eleanor Morris, Widow, aged 73
Parents: William Corlett, Farmer & Mary Anne Cowley
Born Wainuiomata, married to Joesph Morris, at Carterton aged 21.
M: 50, 49, 47, 45, 39, 35, 33, F: 43, 38.2,7
Eleanor's cause of death on 2 Oct 1955 was from Coroners finding of Accidential drowning.
Eleanor was buried on 4 Oct 1955 at Archer Street Cemetery, Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
ILMO Joseph Morris d 25 April 1927 aged 57.'At Rest' also Eleanor Morris d 2 Oct 1955 aged 72.8
Eleanor Morris's estate was probated on 7 Oct 1955 at "Masterton Court", New Zealand ,
? Shown to Joseph Archer Morris of Te Ore Ore, Masterton, Farmer and John Taylor Morris of Masterton, Service Manager and referred to in their affidavit to lead grant of Probate to themselves as Executors Severally Sworn at Masterton this 5th day of October 1955, Before me:-
J Macfarlane Laing
A Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New Zealand.
This is the Last Will and Testament of me ELEANOR MORRIS of Te Ore Ore Masterton in the Provincial District of Wellington in the Dominion of New Zealand, Widow.
1. I revoke all wills and testamentary dispositons at anytime heretofore made by me.
2. I appoint my sons Joseph Archer Morris and John Taylor Morris (hereinafter called "my Trustees") to be the Executors and Trustees of this my Will.
3. I give Devise and Bequeath the whole of my estate both real and personal of whatsover nature and wheresoever situate unto my Trustees upon Trust to sell call in and convert into money such part of parts thereof as shall not consit of money and with and out of the proceeds of such sale calling in and conversion together with such part of my estate as already shall consist of money to pay my just debts funeral and testamentary expenses and all estate and succession duties payable in respect of my dutiable estate both actual and notional and to stand possessed of the residue upon trust to divide the same into three equal parts and to hold each of such parts upon the trusts ... following, that is to say:-
(a) Upon Turst as to two of such parts for my sons ... Joseph Archer Morris and Robert Burns Morris in equal shares should they both survive me but should only one of them survive me for that one absolutely provided however and I diret that should either of my said sons predecease me but leave a child or... children who survive me then in either such case... such last mentioned child or children shall take and if more than one in equal shares the share or interst which his her or their parent would have taken under this clause (4a) of my Will had such parent survived me.
(b) Upon Turst as to the remaining part for such of them my children John Taylor Morris, Allan William Morris, Elsie May Morris, Ian Ward Marris, Nancy Mary Percy, Roy Alexander Morris and Eric Murray Morris as shall survive me and if more than one in equal shares absolutely.. provided however and I direct that should any child of mine predecease me but leave a child or children who survive me then in every such case such last mentioned child or children shall take and if more than one in equal shares the share or interest which his her or their ... parent would have taken under this Clause (4b) of my Will had such parent survived me.
The Trustees where also able to (a) Postpone the sale of the estate
(b) to borrow on mortgage the estate to pay debts (c) to appropriate and partition any real and personal property of my estate (d) to let and to (d) carry on any business in which I may be concerned
As witness my hand this 4th day of September One Thousand Nine Hundred and Fiftythree (1953)
Signed by the said Eleanor Morris as and for her last Will and Testament in the presence of us both present at the same time who at her request in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto suscribed our names as witnesses:
AA Edge, Law Clerk, Masterton
?? Solicitor, Masterton
Probate was under £11,000.9
Children of Eleanor Corlett and Joseph Morris
- Joseph Archer Morris (24 Dec 1905 - 19 Apr 1976)
- John Taylor Morris+ (24 Aug 1906 - 15 Nov 1972)
- Robert Burns Morris (15 Sep 1908 - 17 Sep 1984)
- Allan William Morris (31 Jan 1910 - 13 Aug 1991)
- Elsie May Morris (1 Dec 1911 - 29 Aug 1990)
- Ian Ward Morris (19 Nov 1914 - 1990)
- Nancy Mary Morris (7 May 1916 - 3 Jul 1978)
- Roy Alexander Morris (3 Apr 1919 - 23 Nov 2004)
- Eric Murray Morris (12 Dec 1921 - 31 May 1999)
|Father*||William Corlett (1852 - 12 Oct 1936)|
|Mother*||Mary Anne Cowley (1853 - 2 Sep 1923)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 4512, Dec Qtr. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S44] School Admissions, School Records (Auckland, New Zealand: NZSG), NZSG Register No 145 - Wairarapa Branch. Hereinafter cited as School Records.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 2278.
- [S151] Research from H E Whyte (Strathmore Wellington) to Ailsa Corlett, Corlett Family Booklet; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia).
- [S12] Directories, NZ PO Directory (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1866 - 1955), Wises 1940 NZPO Directory. Hereinafter cited as NZ PO Directory.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 5142.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Buried:3434: Block H Row 11. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.
- [S40] Probate NZ, Masterton Court, Probate Filed 7 Oct 1955, Probate No 141/55, Will, Housed at National Archives New Zealand.