Elizabeth Katherine Corlett
Elizabeth Katherine Corlett was born in 1865 at Andreas, Isle of Man.
She was the daughter of William Corlett and Elinor Cowley.
Elizabeth Katherine Corlett was baptised on 23 Jul 1865 in Andreas, Isle of Man,
William & Eleanor Corlett (Cowley)
Elizabeth appeared on the 1871 Isle of Man Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of William Corlett at Chronk Breck House, Jurby, Isle of Man;
CORLETT, William Head, Mar, 45, Farmer of 100 acres employing 2 men, Andreas IOM
CORLETT Ellenor, Wife, Mar, 39, Jurby
CORLETT William, Son, Unm, 18, Farmers Son, Jurby
CORLETT Thomas, Son, 12, Scholar, Ramsey
CORLETT John Edward, Son, 8, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Elizabeth C, daur, 6, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Mary Ann, Daur, 2, Jurby
CORLETT Isabella, Daur, 3mths, Jurby
CALLISTER Philip, Servant, Unm, 17, Farm Servant Indoor, Jurby
CORLETT Catherine, Servant, Unm, 18, Domestic Servant, Andreas
CORLETT Silas, Boarder, Mar, 50, Pensioner Farrier, Andreas.4
Elizabeth appeared on the 1881 Isle of Man Census of 3 Apr 1881 at Ryaby, Andreas, Isle of Man;
TEARE Charles, Head, Widower, 69, Blacksmith, Andreas
TEARE family, John, Ann, William
COWLEY Thomas, Unm, 17, Blacksmith apprentice, Jurby
CORLETT Elizabeth, Servant, Unm, 17, Domestic Servant, Andreas.5
Elizabeth Katherine Corlett married William Radcliffe Craine on 13 Sep 1887 at Braddan, Isle of Man,
Parents names mentioned:
Thomas Craine & William Corlett.6,7
As of 13 Sep 1887,her married name was Craine.
Elizabeth appeared on the 1891 Isle of Man Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of William Radcliffe Craine at 1 North Shore Road, Ramsey, Isle of Man;
CRAINE William, Head, M, 25, Mason, employed, Bootle England
CRAINE Elizabeth, Wife, M 25, Andreas, IOM
CRAINE Emily, Dau, S, 1, Ramsey
CARTLEDGE James, Boarder, S, 27, Tailor, emplyed, Lezayre, - Lame
CORLETT John, Boarder, S, 22, Mason, employed, Lezayre.8
Elizabeth appeared on the 1901 Isle of Man Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of William Radcliffe Craine at Tilley Four Cottage, Lezayre, Isle of Man;
CRAINE William R, M, 35, Mason Contractor, employer, born England
CRAINE Elizabeth C, Wife, M, 35, Andreas, IOM.9
Elizabeth appeared on the 1911 Isle of Man Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of William Radcliffe Craine at Crofton, Glen Auldyn, Ramsey, Isle of Man;
CRAINE William, Head, 45, Married, Builder, employer, Bootle Lancashire
CRAINE Elizabeth, Wife, 45, Married 23yrs, 2 children born, 2 children deceased, Andreas IOM.10
Elizabeth was listed as a beneficiary in Eleanor Corlett's will on 13 May 1912 at Ramsey, Isle of Man,
Request for Probate to be granted was actioned by Petitioner William Craine of Glenauldyn in the parish of Lezayre, Builder and Elizabeth Catherine Craine his wife.11
Elizabeth died on 28 Aug 1951 at The Croft, Glen Auldyn, Ramsey, Isle of Man, at age 86 years.12
Elizabeth was buried on 30 Aug 1951 at Andreas Churchyard - West, Andreas, Isle of Man,
William Radcliffe Craine,
who passed away July 22nd 1951,
at the Croft Glenauldyn,
aged 85 years.
also his wife
who passed away August 28th 1951,
aged 86 years.
Elizabeth's death notice appeared on 31 Aug 1951 in the "Ramsey Courier", Isle of Man,
MRS W R CRAINE, Glen Auldyn
Only five weeks after the death of her husband, Mrs Elizabeth Craine died on Tuesday at the Croft, Glen Auldyn, in her 87th year. Her husband, Mr Wm Radcliffe Craine, passed away on July 22nd last at the age of 85 years. The couple, who had no family, both belonged to Andreas, and Mr Craine, who was a mason, went with his wife to live in retirement in Glen Auldyn some years ago.
The funeral was at Andreas yesterday (Thursday).15
Children of Elizabeth Katherine Corlett and William Radcliffe Craine
|Father*||William Corlett (1826 - 23 Jul 1899)|
|Mother*||Elinor Cowley (5 May 1831 - 26 Jan 1912)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Parish Register Transcripts of Andreas, 1649-1883- Andreas 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms March 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriages May 1849 - Nov 1883, Burials March 1849 - Dec 1883
Film No 106179 Item 2
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C035751.
- [S172] 1871 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 2 Arpril 1871), 1871 IOM Jurby RG10/ 5772 pg 3. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Isle of Man Census.
- [S173] 1881 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 3 April 1881), 1881 Andreas IOM, RG 11/ 5599 pg 11. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Isle of Man Census.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, Lawsons BDM site, Douglas Braddan, pg 232a. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), Isle of Man, Marriages 1849 - 1911, M008829, film 454975 ref p232.
- [S174] 1891 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 Isle of Man Town of Ramsey, Lezayre RG12/4685 pg 18. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Isle of Man Census.
- [S175] 1901 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 31 March 1901), 1901 Isle of Man, Lezayre RG13/ 5300 pg 8. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Isle of Man Census.
- [S176] PRO England, 1911 Isle of Man Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Isle of Man Ramsey, RG14PN34699 RD635 SD1 ED2/4 SN22. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Isle of Man Census.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: Will indexes via LawsonsBMD web site - 1912 - GB England - Ref 107 Film 0106572
Film viewed and copied 13 Sept 2013 at the Logan Central Library.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: ManxBMD.com site: 1951 District Lezayre, Vol 143 Pg 930.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: LawsonBMD web site: Burial 13 June 1951 aged 86, Andreas.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , IOM Andreas Churchyard, West Section. Grave No 48, Reg No 180 & 182. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Ramsey Courier, 31 Aug 1951 Page 5. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.