George William Corlett
George William Corlett was born on 24 Nov 1890 at Ramsey, Isle of Man,
Parents: Mary Eleanor Corlett
George William Corlett married Annie Margaret Christory, daughter of William Christory and Eleanor Cowley, on 22 Apr 1917 at Maughold, Isle of Man.3
George died on 27 Feb 1958 at "Aircrash" at Winter Hill, Howich, Bolton, Lancashire, England, at age 67 years, 3 months and 3 days
An plane crash of a Bristol 170 Wayfarer in which 42 passengers and crew were travelling from Isle of Man to Manchester's Ringway Airport, occurred on Winter Hill, Howich on the 27th Feb 1958.
Only 7 people survived.
A crew of 3 and 39 men from the IOM motor trade on a one-day trip to the Exide battery factory near Manchester were on board.
There is a fanastic recount of the events on the following web site which is well worth reading.
George was buried on 5 Mar 1958 at Lezayre, Isle of Man,
CORLETT George William, Taubman Street, Ramsey. Died in aircrash at Winter Hill, Horwich 27th Feb 1958.5
Family: George William Corlett and Annie Margaret Christory
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, ManxBMD.com - 1891, Ramsey, Vol A1 Page No 268. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "Isle of Man, Births and Baptisms, 1821-1911," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X5GQ-DL3 : accessed 09 Sep 2013), George William Corlett, 24 Nov 1890.
Film No 454965.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: Lawson's BMD site: District Ramsey, Maughold Page 309 COE.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1958 Sept Qtr, Horwich Lancashire, Vol 10C Page No 374 - Age 67.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , IOM FHS Lezayre Parish Burial Registers 1696 - 1998 CD. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.