John Thomas Corlett
John Thomas Corlett was born in 1889 at Andreas, Isle of Man.
He was the son of Thomas Corlett and Mary Ann Kneale.
John Thomas Corlett was baptised on 23 Oct 1889 in Andreas, Isle of Man,
Thomas and Mary Ann Corlett (Kneale)
John appeared on the 1891 Isle of Man Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of Thomas Corlett at 1 Marsden Street, Ramsey, Isle of Man;
CORLETT Thomas, Head, M, 32, Sea Mairner, employed, Ramsey
CORLETT Mary A, Wife, M, 30, Andreas
CORLETT John T, Son, S, 1, Andreas.4
John immigrated on 3 Sep 1896 from Liverpool via the "Mongolian" to Quebec, Canada, with Mary Ann Corlett
CORLETT Mary Ann, 35, wife, England, to Quebec and Montreal
CORLETT John Thomas, 7, child, England to Quebec and Montreal.5
John Thomas Corlett married Mary Scott on 14 Sep 1910 at 417A St Antoine Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada,
John Thomas Corlett
of Montreal (Pryinea) of Quebec, bachelor of the first part and
of Montreal, (Ounines) of Quebec, spinster of the second part, of full age by majority were by me united in marriage at Four Hundred Seventeen A St Antonine Street Montreal on this fourteenth day of September in the year of our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred and Ten in the presence of the subscribing witnesses by authority of license.
John Thomas Corlett, Groom
Mary Scott, Bride
Hettie Renshaw Scott
Joseph Fullum, Minister.1,6
John Thomas Corlett witnessed the baptism of Douglas Thomas Corlett on 16 Apr 1912 in Baptist Olivet Church, Montreal, Quebec, Canada,
Thomas Douglas Corlett
son of John Thomas Corlett
living at Number Four Hundred and Seventeen A St Antoine Street, City of Montreal, (? ) of Quebec and of his wife Mary Scott was presented to me for requeshlim this Sixteenth Day of April in the year of our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred and Twelve. He was born at the above address on the Twenty Third day of August in the year of our Lord One Thousand Nine Hundred and Twelve (should be Eleven)
Joseph Fullum, Minister
John Thomas Corlett, Father
Mary Scott, Mother.7
John Thomas Corlett witnessed the burial of Mary Ann Corlett on 7 Jan 1928 Mount Royal Cemetery, Montreal, Quebec, Canada;
Mary Ann Kneale, widow of the late Thomas William Corlett, in his lifetime Seaman, of the Isle of Man, died on the Fourth Day of January in the year of our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Twenty Eight and her age being Sixty-Six years and was buried at Mount Royal Cemetery on the Seventh Day of January in the same year in the presence of us the undersigned.
John Thomas Corlett
and by me
A G Howard (Acumbant).8
John Thomas Corlett was on the 1945 Electoral Roll 7432 Stuart Avenue, Mount Royal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, also listed in the household was Mary, Mary and Stanley
CORLETT John, woodworker
CORLETT Mrs John
HERNSHAW Mrs Stanley
HERNSHAW Stanley, army overseas.9
John Thomas Corlett was on the 1953 Electoral Roll 7432 Stuart Avenue, Mount Royal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, also listed in the household was Mary
CORLETT John Thomas, plisher
CORLETT Mrs John Thomas.10
John was present on the 1962 Electoral Roll 835 54th Avenue, Jacques-Cartler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, in the household of Stanley Hearnshaw.
HEARNSHAW Stanley, clerk
HEARNSHAW Mrs Stanley
CORLETT John T, retired.11
John died c 1965 at Montreal, Quebec, Canada.12
Children of John Thomas Corlett and Mary Scott
|Father*||Thomas Corlett (1859 - 15 Feb 1896)|
|Mother*||Mary Ann Kneale (1861 - 4 Jan 1928)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Register of Church of England baptisms, burials, and marriages in: Kirk Bride Baptisms 1884-1910 Burials 1884-1910 Marriages 1884-1911 Andreas Baptisms 1884-1910 Burials 1884-1910 Marriages 1884-1911 Jurby Baptisms 1884-1910 Burials 1884-1910 Marriages 1884-1910
Film No 454984
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), Isle of Man, Births and Baptisms, 1821 -1911, C008277 film 454984 ref EB405 p144 rn 1146.
- [S174] 1891 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 Isle of Man, Town of Ramsey, Lezayre, RG12/ 4685 pg 26. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Isle of Man Census.
- [S61] Passenger Lists, Shipping Records ), Canadian Passenger Lists 1865 - 1935 & findmypast.co.uk - Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890 - 1960 - Mongolian Sept 1896. Hereinafter cited as Shipping Records.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record, Canadian Indexes, unknown repository address, 1910 Quebec, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967 - Baptist Olivet Church, under Scott and Cerlett. Hereinafter cited as Canadian BDM Record.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record: 1912 Quebec, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1621-1967 - Baptist Olivet Church.
- [S119] Canadian Vitial Statistics Agency, Canadian BDM Record: 1928 - Burial - Quebec Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection) 1621 - 1967 - St Laurent, Anglican Church, Saint Cuthbert
Mount Royal Cemetery - Buried in Section N 29-M.
- [S180] Elections, Voters Lists Canada (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada, 1935-1980), 1945, Mount Royal, Quebec - via Ancestry.co.uk No 29407 Pg 1. Hereinafter cited as Voters Lists Canada.
- [S180] Voters Lists Canada, 1953, Mount Royal, Quebec - via Ancestry.co.uk No 37616 Pg 2.
- [S180] Voters Lists Canada, 1962, District of Jacques-Cartler/ Lasalle, City of Lachine, Quebec - via Ancestry.co.uk No 45078 Pg 1.
- [S153] Letter or email from Glennis Corlett (Canada) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) between 2000 - 2009.