Marion Lilly Corlett
Marion Lilly Corlett was born on 16 Jun 1960 at Martinborough, Wairarapa, New Zealand .1
She was the daughter of Thomas Edward Cain/ Corlett and Bessie Rosina Hill.
Marion died on 4 Dec 1976 at Hinkura Rd, Greytown, Wairarapa, New Zealand , at age 16 years, 5 months and 18 days
At 10.45pm On the Kinkura Rd, 3 miles east of Martinborough
Usual Res: 10 Cologne St, Martinborough.
Marion was a Student aged 16
Parents: Thomas Edward Corlett, painter & Bessie Rosina Hill
Born Martinborough 16 yrs in NZ.2,3
Marion's cause of death on 4 Dec 1976 was from
Fractured skull with extensive lacerations to the brain being injuries received in a motor accident.
Marion and friends were coming home from a wedding, when they were involved in a single car accident. Marion and Andrew Cameron were sitting in the back seat and were thrown out, both died instantly.
5 Dec 1976 Marion Lilly Corlett was mentioned in the "Wairarapa Daily Times", New Zealand , newspaper
Two 16 year olds were killed on Saturday night as a result of a motor accident on the Hinakura Rd, four miles east of Martinborough.
They were Andrew Ian Stuart Cameron, High St, Masterton, and Marion Lily Corlett, Cologne St, Martinborough.
Police report the car was travelling on the Martinborough-Hinakura Rd and went out of control, rolled and hit a bank, about 10.50pm.
The two people killed were thrown out of the car, and the driver, Brent Allan, Carterton, and another passenger were unhurt.
It is believed that Marion Corlett died instantly, while Andrew Cameron died on his way to hospital.
they were both students at Kuranui College.
The car was extensively damaged.4
Marion's death notice appeared on 6 Dec 1976 in the "Wairarapa Daily Times", New Zealand ,
CORLETT, Marion Lily
On December 4, 1976 (result of accident). dearly loved daughter of Tom and Betty, of Cologne Street, Martinborough, and loved sister of Rata (Mrs Beck. Greymouth), Jill (Porirua), Len (Martinboroguh), Bill (Lower Hutt), and Arthur (Martinborough); aged 16 years.
Funeral Service in First Church, Martinborough, Tomorrow (Tuesday), Decemeber 7, 1976, at 11am, and afterwards at the Martinborough Cemetery.4
Marion was buried on 7 Dec 1976 at Martinborough Cemtery, Martinborough, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
ILMO Marion Lilly daughter of Betty & Tom Corlett aged 16 1/2 years 04 Dec 1976. (Photo).5
|Father*||Thomas Edward Cain/ Corlett (14 Jun 1917 - 8 Apr 2006)|
|Mother*||Bessie Rosina Hill (28 Jul 1923 - 20 Jul 1977)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 8075. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 15860, aged 16, 1977.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Wairarapa Daily Times, 6 Dec 1976. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), 429: Block 3 Presby Row 1. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.