Mary Anne Corlett
Mary Anne Corlett was born in 1869 at Andreas, Isle of Man.
She was the daughter of William Corlett and Elinor Cowley.
Mary Anne Corlett was baptised on 27 Jan 1869 in Andreas, Isle of Man,
William & Ellen Corlett (Cowley)
Abode: Cronk Breck
Mary appeared on the 1871 Isle of Man Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of William Corlett at Chronk Breck House, Jurby, Isle of Man;
CORLETT, William Head, Mar, 45, Farmer of 100 acres employing 2 men, Andreas IOM
CORLETT Ellenor, Wife, Mar, 39, Jurby
CORLETT William, Son, Unm, 18, Farmers Son, Jurby
CORLETT Thomas, Son, 12, Scholar, Ramsey
CORLETT John Edward, Son, 8, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Elizabeth C, daur, 6, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Mary Ann, Daur, 2, Jurby
CORLETT Isabella, Daur, 3mths, Jurby
CALLISTER Philip, Servant, Unm, 17, Farm Servant Indoor, Jurby
CORLETT Catherine, Servant, Unm, 18, Domestic Servant, Andreas
CORLETT Silas, Boarder, Mar, 50, Pensioner Farrier, Andreas.4
Mary appeared on the 1881 Isle of Man Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of William Corlett at Ballagumell, Andreas, Isle of Man;
CORLETT William , Head, Mar, 55, Farmer 5 ½ acrea, Andreas
CORLETT Elleanor, Wife, Mar, 50, Farmers Wife, Jurby
CORLETT Mary A, Daur, 12, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Isabella J, Daur, 10, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Christian R, Daur, 7, Scholar, Andreas.5
Mary Anne Corlett married William Hunter Mills Blair on 19 Oct 1890 at Lezayre, Isle of Man,
Parents listed as:
William Blair and William Corlett.6
As of 19 Oct 1890,her married name was Blair.
Mary appeared on the 1891 Isle of Man Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of William Hunter Mills Blair at 10 Waterloo Rd, Ramsey, Isle of Man;
BLAIR William, Head, m, 25, Jobing Fitter, Ramsey
BLAIR Mary A, Wife, M, 22, Andreas.7
Mary appeared on the 1901 Isle of Man Census of 31 Mar 1901 in the household of William Hunter Mills Blair at 9 Lezayre Terrace, Ramsey, Isle of Man;
BLAIR William, Head, Married, 35, Mech Engineer, worker, Ramsey
BLAIR mary, Wife, Married, 32, Jurby
ALLEN Louis, Boarder, Single, 36, Grocers Warehouseman, worker, Douglas.8
Mary appeared on the 1911 Isle of Man Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of William Hunter Mills Blair at Seacliff Ballure Road, Ramsey, Isle of Man;
BLAIR William Head, 45, Married, Engineer, General worker, Ramsey IOM
BLAIR Mary, Wife, 42, Married 20 yrs, no children, Jurby
ALLAN Louis, Boarder, Single, M, Warehouseman, Grocery worker, Douglas IOM.9
Mary died on 23 Jun 1944 at 9 Lezayre Road, Ramsey, Isle of Man, at age 75 years.10
Mary was buried on 26 Jun 1944 at Lezayre Churchyard, Lezayre, Isle of Man.11
Mary's death notice appeared on 30 Jun 1944 in the "Ramsey Courier", Isle of Man,
On 23 June, 1944, at 9 Lezayre Road, Ramsey, Mary Ann, widow of W H M Blair, in her 76th year.
Interred at Lezayre Churchyard on June 26th 1944.
The funeral took place at Lezayre on Monday of Mrs M A Blair, 9 Lezayre Road, Ramsey, widow of Mr Wm Blair, engineer. Mrs Blair assisted her husband in the days when the Old Cross Hall was a cinema and amusement resort, and was well known in the town. She was formerly a member of St. Paul's Church, and the Vicar (Canon Harrison) officiated at the funeral.12
30 Jun 1944 Mary Anne Blair was mentioned in the "Ramsey Courier", Isle of Man, newspaper
Ramsey Lady's Legacies to Local Charities
The death occurred on Friday last of Mrs Mary Ann Blair, widow of Mr W H M Blair, formerly a Director of Ramsey Amusements, Ltd. and for many years in the employ of Messrs John Clague and Son, Ltd. Under her will, the executors of which are Mr H E Kneale, Incorporated Accountant, of Douglas, and Mr J F Hughes, Managing Director of Ramsey Amusements, Ltd, of Ramsey, the following Institutions will benefit:-
Ramsey Cottage Hospital for general purposes, £500
Children's Home and Orphanage, Ramsey, £250
Home of Rest, Ramsey, £250
They will, we understand, participate in the general residue of the estate and such benefit will at least amount to a doubling of the legacies. The estate is valued at approximately £14,000
The funeral took place on Monday last at Lezayre Churchyard.13
Family: Mary Anne Corlett and William Hunter Mills Blair
|Father*||William Corlett (1826 - 23 Jul 1899)|
|Mother*||Elinor Cowley (5 May 1831 - 26 Jan 1912)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Parish Register Transcripts of Andreas, 1649-1883- Andreas 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms March 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriages May 1849 - Nov 1883, Burials March 1849 - Dec 1883
Film No 106179 Item 2
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C035751.
- [S172] 1871 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 2 Arpril 1871), 1871 IOM Jurby RG10/ 5772 pg 3. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Isle of Man Census.
- [S173] 1881 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 3 April 1881), 1881 IOM Andreas, RG11/ 5599 pg 12. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Isle of Man Census.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), Isle of Man, Parish Registers, 1598 -1950, digital folder 004493982 image no 00053.
- [S174] 1891 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 5 April 1891), 1891 Ramsey Ramsey Isle of Man, RG121/ 4685 pg8. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Isle of Man Census.
- [S175] 1901 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 31 March 1901), 1901 Town of Ramsey, Lezayre Isle of Man, RG13/ 5307 Pg 1. Hereinafter cited as 1901 Isle of Man Census.
- [S176] PRO England, 1911 Isle of Man Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Ramsey Isle of Man, RG14PN34725 RD635 SD3 ED21/4 SN30. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Isle of Man Census.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, ManxBMD.com site: 1944 District Ramsey, Vol 382 Pg 824. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: LawsonBMD web site: Burial 26 June 1944 aged 75, Lezayre.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Ramsey Courier, 30 June 1944 Pg 1
Also Isle of Man Examiner, 30 June 1944, pg3 & pg 7. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, Ramsey Courier, 30 June 1944 Pg 5.