Silas Corlett was born in 1817 at Andreas, Isle of Man.
He was the son of John Corlett and Isabella Kervin.
Silas Corlett was baptised on 26 Nov 1817 in Andreas, Isle of Man,
Parents listed: John Corlett & Cowin.1
Silas appeared on the 1871 Isle of Man Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of William Corlett at Chronk Breck House, Jurby, Isle of Man;
CORLETT, William Head, Mar, 45, Farmer of 100 acres employing 2 men, Andreas IOM
CORLETT Ellenor, Wife, Mar, 39, Jurby
CORLETT William, Son, Unm, 18, Farmers Son, Jurby
CORLETT Thomas, Son, 12, Scholar, Ramsey
CORLETT John Edward, Son, 8, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Elizabeth C, daur, 6, Scholar, Andreas
CORLETT Mary Ann, Daur, 2, Jurby
CORLETT Isabella, Daur, 3mths, Jurby
CALLISTER Philip, Servant, Unm, 17, Farm Servant Indoor, Jurby
CORLETT Catherine, Servant, Unm, 18, Domestic Servant, Andreas
CORLETT Silas, Boarder, Mar, 50, Pensioner Farrier, Andreas.2
Silas appeared on the 1881 Isle of Man Census of 3 Apr 1881 at Balla Claucas, Andreas, Isle of Man;
CRAINE John, Head, Mar, 69, Shoe maker Andreas
CRAINE Mary, Wife, Mar, 60, Jurby
CRAINE John T, Son, 11, Scholar, Andreas
SHIMMIN Florence, Grand Daur, 3, Andreas
CORLETT Silas, Widr, 57, Pensioner, NK
NK person living there.
This entry for Silas is on the same page as his brother William.3
Silas died on 11 Jan 1893 at Strand Street, Ramsey, Isle of Man, at age 76 years
Informant: Jane Ross present at death, Strand Street, Ramsey
Jane Ross, ran a boarding house at No 3 Strand Street, Ramsey in the 1891 Census. Silas was not living there in 1891.4,5,6
Silas's cause of death on 11 Jan 1893 was from Bronchitis - 10 days
Silas was buried on 13 Jan 1893 at Andreas, Isle of Man,
No MI located.4,7,8,9
Silas shows on the 1871 Census that he was Married and a Pensioner. In 1881 he states he is a Widower, again a Pensioner but via Army.
I cannot locate Silas via the 1891 Census, nor any Army records as yet. Nor his marriage or any children.
Would love to make contact with any descendants of Silas Corlett to update information.
|Father*||John Corlett (1786 - 8 Oct 1859)|
|Mother*||Isabella Kervin (c 1790 - 29 May 1851)|
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), Isle of Man, Parish Registers, 1598 -1950 - digital folder 004505051 image no 00045.
- [S172] 1871 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 2 Arpril 1871), 1871 IOM Jurby RG10/ 5772 pg 3. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Isle of Man Census.
- [S173] 1881 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 3 April 1881), 1881 Isle of Man, Andreas, RG11/ 5599 pg 12. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Isle of Man Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, ManxBMD.com - 1893, District Ramsey, Vol A1 Page No 194
Register of births, deaths, and marriages of the Isle of Man, 1821 - 1964: Deaths registered in the Districts of : Patrick 1878-1900 Ramsey 1877-1900 Andreas, Bride and Jurby 1878-1900
Film No 454972 viewed Logan Central Library, 17 July 2013 and copy obtained.
. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), "Isle of Man Deaths and Burials, 1844-1911," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X5Z3-22N : accessed 13 Jul 2013), Silas Corlett, 11 Jan 1893.
Batch B01609-3 Film No 454972.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Parish Register Transcripts of Andreas, 1649-1883- Andreas 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms March 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriages May 1849 - Nov 1883, Burials March 1849 - Dec 1883
Film No 106179 Item 2
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: 1893 Burial Registers IOM Family History Society CD - Andreas Parish, 1645 - 1971.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers: LAWSONBMD web site: Burial Andreas 13 Jan 1893.