Catherine Cowley was born in 1805 at Jurby, Isle of Man.
She was the daughter of John Cowley and Mary Killip.
Catherine Cowley was baptised on 25 Jan 1805 in Jurby, Isle of Man.1
Catherine Cowley married John Cowley on 29 Apr 1826 at Jurby, Isle of Man.2
As of 29 Apr 1826,her married name was Cowley.
Catherine appeared on the 1851 Isle of Man Census of 30 Mar 1851 in the household of Mary Cowley at Cronk Breck, Jurby, Isle of Man;
COWLEY Mary, Head, Widow, 74, Farmer, farming 113 acres, Jurby
COWLEY John, Son, Mar, 49, Farmers son, Jurby
COWLEY Judy, Daur in law, Mar, 60, Lezayre
COWLEY Catherine, Daur, Widow, 46, Jurby
CORLETT Eleanor, Grand dau, Mar, 20, Jurby
COWLEY William, Grand son, U, 15, Jurby
COWLEY John, Grand son, U, 14, Jurby
COWLEY Catherine, Grand dau, U, 12, Scholar, Jurby
COWLEY Thos, Grand son, 9, Scholar, Jurby
COWLEY Dan, Grand son, 5, Jurby.3
Catherine appeared on the 1861 Isle of Man Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of Mary Cowley at Cronk Breck, Jurby, Isle of Man;
COWLEY Mary, Head, Widow, 84, Farmer of 70 Acreas, employing 3 men & 1 boy, born Jurby
COWLEY John, Son, Widower, 58, Farmers Son, Jurby
COWLEY Catharine, Daug, Widow, 54, Farmers Daughter, Jurby
COWLEY John, Gr Son, Unm, 23, Plough Man, Lezayre
LAWSON Catharine A, Gr Dau, Mar, 22, House Servant, Jurby
LAWSON James, Gr Son in Law, Mar, 24, Plough Man, Jurby
COWLEY Daniel, Gr Son, Unm, 15, Ag Lab, Jurby
COWLEY John, Grt Gr Son, 9, Scholar, Andreas
LAWSON Mary A, Gr Gr Dau, 6mths, Jurby
QUAYLE Thomas, Visitor, 27, Miner, Lonan.4
Catherine appeared on the 1871 Isle of Man Census of 2 Apr 1871 in the household of John Cowley at Bretney's House, Jurby, Isle of Man;
COWLEY John, Head, Mar, 42, Farmer of 117 acres, employing 2 men, born Jurby
COWLEY Jane, Wife, Mar, 40, Andreas
COWLEY John, Son, Unm, 20, Farmers Son, Andreas
COWLEY Mary Ann, Dau, Unm, 18, Farmers Dau, Andreas
COWLEY Catherine J, Dau, Unm, 16, Farmers Dau, Andreas
COWLEY Ellenor, Dau, 14, Scholar, Andreas
COWLEY William, son, 12, Scholar, Andreas
COWLEY Margaret, Dau, 10, Scholar, Andreas
COWLEY Thomas, Son, 8, Scholar, Ballaugh
COWLEY Daniel R, Son, 4, Jurby,
COWLEY James, Son, 2, Jurby
COWLEY Christiana, Dau, 2, Jurby
COWLEY Emma, Dau, 1, Jurby
COWLEY Edward Teare, Son, 1mth, Jurby
COWLEY Catherine, Mother, Widow, 66, Annuitant, Jurby
TATE William, Servant, Unm, 17, Farm Servant indoor, Castletown
CORLETT James, Labourer, Mar, 46, Agricultural Labourer, Andreas.5
Catherine died in Dec 1877 at Jurby, Isle of Man, at age 72 years.
Catherine was buried on 6 Dec 1877 at Jurby, Isle of Man,
Abode: Kerroo Croie, Jurby
No MI located.6,7,8
Children of Catherine Cowley and John Cowley
|Father*||John Cowley (c 1765 - 18 Nov 1825)|
|Mother*||Mary Killip (Apr 1776 - 23 Jun 1866)|
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "Isle of Man, Births and Baptisms, 1821-1911," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X5PZ-F6X : accessed 16 Jun 2013), Catharine Cowley, 25 Jan 1805. C03806-1 GS Film 106725.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), Digital Folder No 004495911 Image Number 0097.
- [S170] 1851 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 30 March 1851), 1851 Isle of Man, Jurby , HO107/ 2524 pg 29. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Isle of Man Census.
- [S171] 1861 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 7 April 1861), 1861 Jurby RG 9/ 4421 pg 38. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Isle of Man Census.
- [S172] 1871 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 2 Arpril 1871), 1871 Jurby IOM, RG10/ 5772 pg 143. Hereinafter cited as 1871 Isle of Man Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Parish Register Transcripts of Jurby, 1606-1894- Jurby 1849 - 1883 - Baptisms April 1849 - Dec 1883, Marriaged Jan 1850 - Oct 1882, Burials Jan 1850 - Nov 1883
Film No 106179 Item 1.
Viewed at Logan Central Library, 9 July 2013 and copy obtained.. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, Lawsons BDM site, Jurby, aged 73. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.