John Cowley was born c 1804 at Jurby, Isle of Man.
John Cowley married Catherine Cowley, daughter of John Cowley and Mary Killip, on 29 Apr 1826 at Jurby, Isle of Man.1
John appeared on the 1841 Isle of Man Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of Mary Cowley at Cronk Breck, Jurby, Isle of Man;
COWLEY Mary, 75, Farmer, Yes
COWLEY John, 40, Yes
COWLEY Eleanor, 10, Yes
COWLEY John, 3, Yes.2
John died on 1 Oct 1847 at Cronkbreck, Jurby, Isle of Man.
John was buried on 3 Oct 1847 at Jurby Churchyard - Old, Jurby, Isle of Man,
John Cowley aged 43
of Cronkbreck, in this Parish,
who departed this life
the 1st of October 1847,
aged 43 years.3,4,5
Children of John Cowley and Catherine Cowley
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), Digital Folder No 004495911 Image Number 0097.
- [S169] 1841 Isle of Man Census (www.ancestry.co.uk: PRO England, 6 June 1841), 1841 Isle of Man, Jurby , HO 107/ 1463/9 pg 17. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Isle of Man Census.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, Lawsons BDM site, Jurby, aged 43. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), Digital Folder No 004495929 Image Number 00014.
- [S43] Cemetery Records , IOMFHS Jurby MI, No 318 Old. Hereinafter cited as Cemetery Records.