Thomas Rowland Eaton
Thomas Rowland Eaton was born on 20 May 1870 at Taita, Wellington, New Zealand .1
He was the son of John Eaton and Emma Hooper.
Thomas Rowland Eaton was also known as Thomas Roland Eaton.
Thomas Roland Eaton was on the 1899 Electoral Roll Carterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
EATON Thomas Roland, Labourer, Carterton, Res.2
Thomas Rowland Eaton married Ann Jane Corlett, daughter of William Corlett and Mary Anne Cowley, on 24 Jul 1906 at St Marks Church, Carterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand .3
26 Jul 1906 Thomas Roland Eaton and Ann Jane Corlett were mentioned in the "Wairarapa Daily Times", New Zealand , newspaper
Mr Thomas Roland Eaton, fourth son of Mr John Eaton, of Kokotau, was married to Miss Annie Jane Corlett, eldest daughter of Mr William Corlett, of Parkvale, at St Mark's Church, Carterton, on Tuesday. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. R Young. The young couple will reside at Longbush.4
Thomas Roland Eaton was on the 1949 Electoral Roll Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , also listed in the household was Ann, John and Daphne
EATON Thomas Roland, Longbush, farmer
EATON Ann Jane, Longbush, married
EATON John Roland, Longbush, farmer
EATON Daphne Hazel, Longbush, farmer.5
Thomas Roland Eaton was on the 1957 Electoral Roll Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , also listed in the household was Ann
EATON Thomas Roland, 11 Hope Street, retired
EATON Ann Jane, 11 Hope Street, married.6
Thomas died on 6 Jul 1962 at Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand , at age 92 years, 1 month and 16 days.7
Thomas was buried on 8 Jul 1962 at Masterton Cemetery, Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
Ann Jane Eaton
d 27th May 1962 aged 86
Thomas R Eaton
d 6 July 1962 aged 92
Thomas Roland Eaton's estate was probated on 16 Jul 1962 at Masterton Court, Wellington, New Zealand ,
Thomas Roland EATON
Will dated 3 September 1957
Probate 16 July 1962
Value under £30,000
Thomas Roland Easton of Masterton NZ Sheepfarmer, appointed his son John Roland Eaton of Longbursh, Sheepfarmer, and John William McKay of Alfredton, Sheepfarmer to be his executors and trustees of his Will.
Ann Jane Eaton his motor car and the use of his house at Hope Street Masterton along with all furnishings etc until her death and then to be in equal shares to his daughters.
Life Insurances to his daughters in equal shares.
And for his son to continue the farming business and to recieve the income from it until after his wife dies and then all property etc for the son.9
Children of Thomas Rowland Eaton and Ann Jane Corlett
|Father*||John Eaton (8 Apr 1836 - 24 Jun 1922)|
|Mother*||Emma Hooper (13 Feb 1844 - 4 Sep 1932)|
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 476 Wellington.
NZ Online Database 1870/ 20423 Parents Emma and John Eaton. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S6] Elections, Electoral Roll (Auckland, New Zealand: BAB Microfilming, 1853 - 1967), 1899 Electoral Roll, Wairarapa. Hereinafter cited as Electoral Roll.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: Folio No 4230.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, 1906 Wairarapa Daily Times 26 July 1906, Vol XXX Issue 8512 Pg 5. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S6] Electoral Roll, 1949 NZ Electoral Roll, Masterton Wairarapa.
- [S6] Electoral Roll, 1957 NZ Electoral Roll, Masterton Wairarapa.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: DIA Online Database 1962/35511 aged 92yrs.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Buried 6175: Block D Row 10. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.
- [S40] Probate NZ, 1962 Masterton Court, Wellington P101/62 - held on file, Housed at National Archives New Zealand.