Ernest Beauchamp Hare
Ernest Beauchamp Hare was born c 1855 at Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand .
Ernest Beauchamp Hare married Mary Yates, daughter of Henry Yates and Agnes Bell Haigh, on 28 Nov 1882 at Masterton, Wairarapa, New Zealand ,
On the 28th inst, at St Matthew's Church, by the Rev. W E Paige, Ernest Beauchamp, fourth son of R Hare, Upper Plain, Masterton to Mary, second daughter of the late Henry Yates, of Masterton.
A wedding this mornig at St Matthew's Church attracted numerous visitors. The bridegroom was Mr E Hare, of the firm of Rapp and Hare, and the bride Miss Yates, a member of the Church Choir. The service was conducted by the Rev Mr Paige, and Mrs Paige kindly assisted by playing a Wedding March.
The dress of the bride was French grey shot, trimmed with old gold, satin and lace, and ribbon to match. She wore also a cream bonnet, trimmed with pale pink roses and orange blossoms. There were no less than six bridesmaids, three of whom were sisters of the bride. The Misses Lizzie, Agnes, and Annie Yates were dressed in fawn colored poplinette, trimmed with satin to match, and ecre lace. The other three were daughters of the Hon Walter Johnston, The Misses Sydney and Ella Johnston were dressed in white, with dark green sashes, and hats to match. Miss Zoe Johnston was dressed in white, with a white plush hat. Four Masters Johnstons acted as pages, Master Adam Johnston was dressed in white serge, trimmed with pale blue ribbon. Master Oswald in a navy blue velvet suit trimmed with lace, and Master Walter and Goring Johnston were dressed in black velvet suits. The bride was given away by her uncle, Mr George Haigh. The bridal broquets were of white roses and orange blossoms.1,2
Ernest died on 4 May 1919 at 9 Rhoda Terrace, Lyall Bay, Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand .3
Ernest's death notice appeared on 5 May 1919 in the "Evening Post", New Zealand ,
On the 4th May, 1919, at his residence, 9 Rhoda Terrace, Lyall Bay, Ernest Beauchamp, dearly beloved husband of Mary Hare; aged 64 years.
(Masterton and Pahitatua papers please copy).4
Ernest was buried on 6 May 1919 at Karori Cemetery, Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand .5
Family: Ernest Beauchamp Hare and Mary Yates
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Folio No 2886. Hereinafter cited as NZ BDM Indexes.
- [S10] Newspaper, Various Papers, Wairarapa Daily Times, Vol 4, Issue 1241, 28 November 1882, Page 2. Hereinafter cited as Newspaper Article.
- [S2] NZRGO, Lower Hutt, New Zealand, NZ BDM Indexes: 1919 NZ Online Database: 1919/ 4262 aged 64yrs.
- [S10] Newspaper Article, Evening Post, Vol XCVII, Issue 104, 5 May 1919, Page 1.
- [S3] NZSG, NZ Cemetery Records (Auckland, New Zealand & Online Council Databases: NZSG, 1988), Wellington City Council Online Database: Karori Cemetery, Section CH ENG2, Plot 263 E. Hereinafter cited as NZ Cemetery Records.