Susanna Irving was born on 27 Sep 1886 at Glen Auldyn, Ramsey, Isle of Man.1,2
She was the daughter of James Irving and Esther Elizabeth Teare.
Susanna appeared on the 1911 Isle of Man Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of James Irving at Glen Auldyn, Lezayre, Isle of Man;
IRVING James, Head, 59, Married, General Labourer, Dumfries Scotland
IRVING Esther Elizabeth, Wife, 54, Married. Married 26yrs, 5 children born, 3 living, 2 deceased. Born Lezayre IOM
IRVING Susanna, Dau, 24, Single, Dressmaker, Lezayre
IRVING Raymond J , Son, 22, Single, Farm Labourer, Lezayre
IRVING Elsie Isabel, Dau, 20, Single, Milliner, Lezayre
TYSON Margaret, Boarder, 71, Single, Lezayre
CULLIN Susanna, Boarder, 56, Single, Dressmaker, Lezayre.3
Susanna Irving married William Corlett, son of William Corlett and Elinor Cowley, on 21 Aug 1928 at Kirk Christ Church, Ramsey, Isle of Man,
Aug 21st 1928.
75, Widower, Farmer, Glen Auldyn, Father: William Corlett (deceased) Farmer
42 , Spinster, Glen Auldyn,
Father: William Irving, Farmer.
In the presence of Thomas Edwin Lace & Alice Cleator. R.D.Kermode, Vicar.
(Note: Susanna has listed her father as William Irving, this is an error, suspect this is transcription error as data was transcribed back in 1992 by a researcher on my behalf).4
As of 21 Aug 1928,her married name was Corlett.
Susanna died on 1 Feb 1978 at Ramsey, Isle of Man, at age 91 years, 4 months and 5 days.5
Susanna was buried on 2 Feb 1978 at Lezayre Churchyard, Lezayre, Isle of Man,
Family: Susanna Irving and William Corlett
|Father*||James Irving (c 1847 - )|
|Mother*||Esther Elizabeth Teare (c 1856 - )|
- [S144] Letter/ email from Sue Bawden (Coventry, West Midlands) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) email 4 Jan 2012.
- [S21] Church Registers, Various Repositories , Recorded on LawsonBDM site, as Ramsey, Lezayre, Pg 42. Hereinafter cited as Church Registers.
- [S176] PRO England, 1911 Isle of Man Census (www.Findmypast.co.uk: National Archives England, 2 April 1911), 1911 Glenauldyn Lezayre near Ramsey Isle of Man, RG14PN34700 RD635 SD1 ED2/5 SN50. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Isle of Man Census.
- [S83] Registry IOM, IOM Registers, Douglas Registry, Lezayre, Kirk Christ Church pg 248 No 14. Hereinafter cited as IOM Registers.
- [S21] Church Registers: Recorded on LawsonBDM site, as Lezayre.
- [S21] Church Registers: Recorded on LawsonBDM site, as Ramsey, Lezayre.